passenger door wont open from inside the car...

P

Pete69zx

This has happened on my car once before in the past (shortly after i got it).

The passenger door wont open from the inside of the car, but it will however open from the outside as normal.

This seems to have happened since i used the internal switch on the drivers door that locks the car from inside (anti hijack switch?).

Any ideas whats causing this?

Do i need to take the door apart & have a look and see for myself?

Any helpfull advice/tips on this matter greatly recieved.

Cheers, Pete.

P.S. I said it did it once before. After very little time it sorted itself out (amazing/impossible i know, but it did).

It has now been like this since new years eve.:sorry:

mine does this when the doors have been locked using the internal switch - cure is to unlock it with the switch, pushes the lock back up fully - i have no idea why it wont open with the internal handle when they're locked like that and to be honest it seems like alot of hassle for something that only affects the passenger not me :cool:

Rodenal... i will try your suggestion first, if no luck then i will try DPM's theory.

Cheers chaps.

I'm pretty sure the problem is this...

1/ Once you activated the internal switch, the doors are locked.

2/ to open the passenger door, pull the handle, this will disengage the locking system.

3/ release the handle, then pull the handle again.

4/ The door should now be open:icon_thumright:

This is what happened to me lastnight, so i decided to find out, how the mechanism actually works.

Yeah thats how it should work, but in my car the pin isnt quite being pushed up enough by the handle being pulled, it sounds like thats what he's experiencing. As already stated im sure its just a case of realignining things - i just cant be bothered with my own car lol