0-60 times

ak_quattro454

Reaction score
ive seen alot of 0-60 times for tuned s3, but cant find too many for tuned a3 such as quattro or t-sport.

just want to know what kind of times people are getting for these cars and how much bhp these cars are running to get these times

i would of thought you cant get much more than 250bhp out of these without spending big bucks (£2000+)

1.8 T Sport running at 206bhp i got 6.4 seconds 0-60 but my car isnt running right at the moment!

I managed 0-60 in 6.1 seconds in my remapped S3, it's always going to be limited by the gearing. RichA3Turbo gets it in about 5.1 or 5.3 i think, with 320bhp.

ChriS3 said:
I managed 0-60 in 6.1 seconds in my remapped S3, it's always going to be limited by the gearing. RichA3Turbo gets it in about 5.1 or 5.3 i think, with 320bhp.

Just thought I'd add that S3 has Quattro and 6 speed gearbox, Rich get's those times in a FWD 5 speed A3 with IHI.

Yeah that time is fwd with regular diff (not LSD) and Racelogic traction control.

I,ve had 5.8 with wheelspin with two amps and a sub in the boot ihi 1.9 engine. im told it,s running 355bhp and 365ftlbs but no dyno yet.

Am I right in thinking that the IHI is from the scooby?

Well, if JabbaSport ask £900 odd for the K03s, I guess a complete IHI conversion is going to be expensive! :yes:

ak_quattro454 said:
ive seen alot of 0-60 times for tuned s3, but cant find too many for tuned a3 such as quattro or t-sport.
Im making 6.0 - 6.2. Have standard K03 with just remap, exhaust, MBC and such things (and of course...1/4 tank and safety tire out! :eyebrows: )

Not saying I don't believe anyone, but does anybody have a print out to prove their figures?

PocketRocket said:
Im making 6.0 - 6.2. Have standard K03 with just remap, exhaust, MBC and such things (and of course...1/4 tank and safety tire out! :eyebrows: )

seems pretty quick for a 1.8t

I got 6.4 0-60 and 15.2 1/4 mile at inters in my a3 1.8ts with a re-map, cat back + panel filter.
Taking it to the guys at Paramount Performance in Feb for a Rolling Road so will know the power then.

ChriS3 said:

audi driver february 2006 quote the s3 we tested in 1999 did 0-60 in 6.1 secs and 80 mph in a fraction over 10 secs this was bog standard factory car no mods.your car must be quicker with all the mods you have done surely chris. i would be dissapointed if my car is no quicker now i have had the remap,ive not had it dynoed since ive had it done but certainly feels quicker.[think you are selling your car way to short]:confused:

the ihi i have is vf34 20g i think and its the same as whats on a scooby

so its a realistic claim to get mine around the 6.5secs mark if i go for a custom remap which will give me around 225bhp

Here's the video I made of 0-60 in my remapped S3. Bang on 6.0 seconds. Not scientific but indicative.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l181/busterjet/?action=view&current=run3.flv

Don't get hung up on 0-60 times. With the S3 you need to change gear twice whereas in rival cars it can be done in second gear. If measured over 0-70, by which speed other cars have to change gear twice, the S3 will cream them.

mad max said:
audi driver february 2006 quote the s3 we tested in 1999 did 0-60 in 6.1 secs and 80 mph in a fraction over 10 secs this was bog standard factory car no mods.your car must be quicker with all the mods you have done surely chris. i would be dissapointed if my car is no quicker now i have had the remap,ive not had it dynoed since ive had it done but certainly feels quicker.[think you are selling your car way to short]:confused:

the times quotes by Chris is just from a remap at GTI inters last year, he has since got the Big turbo conversion done!

Sounds interesting what are we talking price wise for a IHI conversion then?

IM guessing thousands....?

Jason

Jason_letts said:
Sounds interesting what are we talking price wise for a IHI conversion then?

IM guessing thousands....?

Jason

£4-5k fully fitted with a FMIC and remapped, and price in a set of decent brakes to help you stop lol. :racer:

jojo said:
the times quotes by Chris is just from a remap at GTI inters last year, he has since got the Big turbo conversion done!

dont know if i am being thick here but how come after a remap chris still only acheived 0-60 in the same time AUDI DRIVERS bog standard test car acheived ? next question what does it do it in now with garrett turbo charger conversion :think:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the whole of the VAG group are rumoured to offer slightly 'non-standard' cars on their press fleet. I wouldn't be surprised if the press S3 that Audi Driver drove had a mild rechip to get those times 'as standard'.

mad max said:
dont know if i am being thick here but how come after a remap chris still only acheived 0-60 in the same time AUDI DRIVERS bog standard test car acheived ? next question what does it do it in now with garrett turbo charger conversion :think:

As mentioned by jcs, the press car was slightly tuned with a remap of around 240bhp apparently, how do we know you ask?, RyanC on here owns the ex' press car, but he's had a big turbo done on his car now lol.
Audi quote 6.7 secs for 0-62 and 6.6 secs for the 225 model, Autocar magazine managed 6.4 secs in the press car with their own timing gear, I got 6.86 secs in my remapped wearing 19" wheels and hitting the rev limiter in 1st.

An important thing to consider is that when you measure 0-60 with a g-tech or such devices there is no reaction time involved because timer starts when movement is detected. On the other hand, on track generally time starts counting when the go signal occurs so reaction time plays in, and could even be a whole second…
In my case, results where measured without reaction time.

i honestly dont think my car is 0-60 in 6.4 secs nor 6.6 maybe 6.8 -7.0.

My mate has a RS Focus without even having a proper head to head i recon it would whoop my ****. A CTR i recon would do the same. I am running 225 at the moment & i hope with a custom remap i would smoke both of the above. On comparison tranmission loss is larger on the S3 & the weighing in @ 1400kg's doesnt help compared to the 1200ish of either the above.

Still though i prefer my 4WD, Bose system, electric seats & whatever else it is that makes this weight up.

mad max said:

Sorry, my reply was to Cambells question about remapped S3 times. So the times quoted were for just a remapped S3. DavidR and myself tried pretty hard in the thing, and it turned out to be one of the faster chipped S3's on the day. I'm not sure 6.1 is possible in a standard car, with standard tyres, fuel, etc.

mad max said:

A little quicker. Maybe 5.6 seconds. I'll have to wait till inters to finds out. The biggest difference will be in 1/4 times.

TRS1 said:
Not saying I don't believe anyone, but does anybody have a print out to prove their figures?
I have no printed proves, but can affirm that with the same instrument I measured my car right after buying it, stock (only with upgraded 17" wheels), runs averaged 8.2 secs, which is what the car specs say. Then, mod after mod, practice after practice, finally got my 6.0 record.:salute: