clutch

theitalian3

Reaction score
can feel it going, anyone recommend a good place to get one which can delivery within a few days or i can pick up in the glasgow area?

cheers

:blackrs4:

GSF have always been good for me in the glasgow area

I work in the parts trade and find GSF to be quite expensive on clutches, they do LUK i think, which are avaliable from most independent motor factors which may well be more reasonably priced, shop around!

Hey Dan, as per your photo, seems that you didnt remove these on front suspension

[URL="http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1686/000000014wl.jpg"][/URL]

Thats why your car is higher at front.

I have a few days in this forum but have seen some other A3s with that same issue..beware! For some markets (ie Latinamerica) they include those spacers from factory.

Sorry for the off topic but I couldn't resist... I've always hated them:tapedshut:

is yours a quattro what are the prices for the clutches on these , did the quattros have stronger clutches than fwd 1.8t's

mine is a quattro yes, tbh i cant decide if its the clutch or not, its not slipping, but its terribly low, and gets extremely sticky unless my foot is flat to the floor

anyone shed light on whether its my clutch or something else?

incoincidently, a new EBC clutch from my local motorsport store is only £88 and fitting is free through a mate who has his own garage :)

does this look like the right one?

Manufacturer :EBC
Category :EBC Standard Clutches
Sub-category :EBC Clutches - Audi
Application :A3 1.8 Turbo (AGU) 96-
Product Code:EBC-K807
Details :Clutch diam = 220mm
Price:£88.23 inc VAT
Delivery:£10.00Quantity: QUICK CODE: 1HDHH

is yours 150bhp or 180 as 150bhp are agu

I've been pondering the S3 notchy gear change problem for a while and I cant help but think it could be something to do with the Hydraulics? I.E Clutch slave cylinder or perhaps air in the system.

It almost feels as though the clutch isnt being engaged fully and vice versa. For example, as you change from 2nd to 3rd, it goes in smoothly if you hold the lever against the gate. If you force it, it crunches (because the gears and not fully synchronised).
That pause is the baulk rings engaging and slowing the 2 gears to the point where they are synchronised and the gears (cogs) can engage fully. Hence the term 'synchromesh'.
If this theory is true then it suggests the baulk rings are being prevented from coming together and slowing then synching the gears quickly enough.
In that case is this because the clutch in turn is being prevented from engaging/disengaging quickly enough?

One thing I know for sure, it's really ******* me off.

I'm pretty sure the R32's dont have this problem so what's changed? Have VAG re-engineered the hydraulics or re-engineered the gears/synchro ?