How to: Open The back door.

Offtrack4Speed

Reaction score
I AM MISSING THE KEYS OF MY 1997 A3 8L it is a riht hand drive, Does enybody knows is the car has a pull from the inside to open the rear? or is here a way to get to the lock? I just got this car from a Junk Yard trying to fix it.:thrashi: I try pulling the trim but i dont want to break them and still it looks like it will have no acess. Please advice.

ALX

if the drivers and passengers doors are unlocked then the boot should be too - if its not the lock might have seized, or the release may not be working -you'll need to crawl through the fold-down rear seats take the trim off and release the mechanism yourself.

If the battery is flat and only the drivers door has been unlocked you'll save lots of hassle by getting power to it and pushing the unlock button on the drivers panel next to the tweater. Will unlock all doors inc the boot.

Hey man, I finishing with the car, Took The Drivers door panel out and sent direct electricity but nothing I was looking at the fuses and they look pretty bad but I dont know witch one is the power lock, do you know what number it is? When I sent current to one of the cables all the lights in the dash came on. But no locks. I try taking the trims in the back door but you can't get to them because the door pinches them. Any other sugestions? I would sent direct to the back door but there are just too many cables donno what colors are for the door lock, Please advice