Arrgghhhh Boot lock trouble

Backdrifts

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a mare with my boot lock it seems to be popping open when I start the car or just when ever the car is running, the boot itself does not actually open its just like the lock releases but not fully if you know what I mean.

is this a common problem? is there any quick fixes to it?

I've heard of the problem, with the REAR Wiper suppy hose, leaking fluid, onto the locking unit, causing it to fail...

could this be the problem???

It might be, I've been wondering about the rear water jet for a while becasue it does not seem to have a lot of grunt behind it if you know what I mean. it only sprays water about half way up the window.

That'll be the problem buddy... I've just bought a 2003 a3 1.9TDi (8L) and there seems to be a problem with the rear hose, so when the rain/gales stop it's getting stripped to sort it out..

need to do it pronto, as apparently it affects the battery to, as the boot lock still goes crazy when the car is locked, therefore taking a charge from the battery everytime and eventually running it down....

Yeah that's what I'm worried about too, becasue i probably won't drive my car until the third now I'm worried the battery will die.

I might just have to start the car up in the drive for the next couple of days until the stealers open up again!

definately buddy, keep taking it for a little spin and keep the charge up..

I don't really want to drive it unless I have to just incase the vibration pops the lock!

f**k it, I'm away to get ****** and forget about it.

Have a good new year dude, thanks for your help.

No problem buddy... you can always press the "thank me" button :yahoo:

hope you have a good new year mate.....

This happened to mine, the washer fluid leaks and rots the switch you use to open the boot from the outside and the wiring that goes into it. After a while it will not work at all.

My car was still in warranty when this happened and Audi would not repair it as they said it was corrosion and this was not included. Complaints to Audi UK did not help and they rubbed salt in the wound by saying "well we have priced it up and it will only cost £170", cheeky basta*ds!!

Anyways fixed it with a new switch and some wiring myself, total cost £12!!

Sorry for hijacking this post but when you press the button on my keyfob nothing happens - Is the boot supposed to spring open? I had the same problem above with the Golf - got repaired 3 times. Its when it freezes then thaws the ice melting pops the pipe off the sprayer, it then sprays to boot mechanism and shorts it out. It really needs to be clamped in position to make sure it doesn't re-occur.

No the boot lock button just releases the boot lock without unlocking the other doors - useful for when you're loading/unloading in case someone dives into the drivers seat and tries to nick you car.