VAG COM - errors

vanilla_ice

Reaction score
Hi,

Just had my first play with VAG COM 409.1 and when checking for errors the following was detected in the AWD section:

Saturday, 30 December 2006, 15:54:30 VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S Control Module Part Number: 02D 900 554 B Component and/or Version: HALDEX LSC ECC 0006 Software Coding: Work Shop Code: 2 Faults Found: 65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error 00-00 - - 00526 - Brake Light Switch-F 27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could some kind sole please translate what this could mean / cost! There have been no noticeable signs of any problems (no lights etc.). I only hooked it up to VAG COM out of interest.

I also had an error under the central locking section, but the output from that is currently on a mates laptop! Will add to this post when I get the file back.

Cheers,

ICE

Doesn't that just mask the underlying problem?

In my haste I cleared the other fault I had after saving the output. Can the faults be un-cleared?

Cheers,

ICE

no, because a genuine fault will return.

you say there are no obvious faults so it is possible these fault codes are either old or spurious in origin. clear them, run the car for a few hundred miles then scan again; then investigate any that return.

Ahh, I wasn't sure if a re-occuring fault would be listed if it had been cleared...

Will get hooked up again and clear both faults.

Cheers,

ICE

Ok,

Finally tried to clear the faults today. The haldex error still remains and when I try to clear it won't allow me to. It reports something about DTC and intermittent signal with controller. I have been able to clear faults on other controllers without any problems.

Is there anything else I can try outside of VAG COM to clear this fault?

When I open the measurement blocks it appears to read foot/hand brake signals and haldex oil temperature OK.

TIA,

ICE

You can't clear a fault that hasn't been fixed; the sensor will simply keep detecting the fault and sending the relevant signal to the ECU that stores it as the code. The only reason you've been able to clear other faults is that they have stopped being detected.

Can you clear faults using VAG COM 409.1? I thought this was a free version and faults logged couldn't be erased? I could be/more than likely* be wrong

*delete as appropriate

Aky said:
Can you clear faults using VAG COM 409.1? I thought this was a free version and faults logged couldn't be erased? I could be/more than likely* be wrong

*delete as appropriate

You can clear them using the shareware version.

ICE, have you tried posting in the VAG-COM section. The Ross-Tech guys keep and eye on that and their diagnostic knowleadge is formidable.

Having learnt my haldex controller has failed, will VAG COM 409.1 communicate with the upgraded haldex controller?

Cheers,

ICE

It's a fault brake light switch (small pin switch located in the drivers side footwell) - when this is faulty it reverts the car to 2wd so the haldex won't work.

Costs about £8 for a new one from memory (takes a few mins to fit)

Hi S3IZZO,

When I plus in VAG COM it is able to sense when the foot/hand brakes are being applied and disengaged. Would that rule out the faulty switch you mention?

ICE