AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

rs4 alloys price

i'm looking to get a set of rs4 replicas for my 2000 a3. I've been quoted Ł637 inc. VAT for 18x8 with tyres from a local dealer. Is that a reasonable price or would anyone recommend anywhere else?

2. # ADS
    ADS

hud at ye bam

Status
    It's not unreasonable, but it depends on what tyre you're being offered. You can get the RS4 reps for about £500, but the tyres that they come with are awful, nearing dangerous.
    [/sarcasm]

Aky
    Aky

Status
    I've seen them for £450 (ebay) - I want a set too, just need to get rid of my ASA AR1's first. I suppose really what tyres you get on them. Budget are nornally Nankang or equivalent

Aky
    Aky

Status
    Chris - What are the wheels that silver S3 in your Avatar wearing?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    It's not unreasonable, but it depends on what tyre you're being offered. You can get the RS4 reps for about Ł500, but the tyres that they come with are awful, nearing dangerous.
    Chris, I think that stating a set of tyres being a bit dangerous is a bit extreme, they are called budget tyres for a reason, to help you save money, you get what you have paid for! I use a set of replica wheels and budget tyres on my Passat, and they have yet to fail me, I get around 10k miles out of a set, due to the weight they have to carry(it's an estate). If you drive like a loon, or have intentions of driving your car on the limit, then yes, I'd recommend paying the little extra for a decent set of rubber, by for daily driving, most people wouldn't know the difference.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aky
    Chris - What are the wheels that silver S3 in your Avatar wearing?
    That would be RichA3turbo's IHI 1.8T, it's got a set of ACE (don't remember the number, maybe 191's?)wheels IIRC.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    Chris, I think that stating a set of tyres being a bit dangerous is a bit extreme, they are called budget tyres for a reason, to help you save money, you get what you have paid for! I use a set of replica wheels and budget tyres on my Passat, and they have yet to fail me, I get around 10k miles out of a set, due to the weight they have to carry(it's an estate). If you drive like a loon, or have intentions of driving your car on the limit, then yes, I'd recommend paying the little extra for a decent set of rubber, by for daily driving, most people wouldn't know the difference.
    Fair enough. Mine came with Merit tyres, and going from grippy Bridgestones to them was entertaining. The difference in grip was fairly pronounced, the merit tyres would slide and understeer at most opportunities. For a larger run-around like a Passat I'd say they're fine, but for a car that's pushed a little harder than most, like the S3, they're a bit of a let down.
    [/sarcasm]