rs4 alloys price

sebbie_c

Reaction score
i'm looking to get a set of rs4 replicas for my 2000 a3. I've been quoted £637 inc. VAT for 18x8 with tyres from a local dealer. Is that a reasonable price or would anyone recommend anywhere else?

It's not unreasonable, but it depends on what tyre you're being offered. You can get the RS4 reps for about £500, but the tyres that they come with are awful, nearing dangerous.

I've seen them for £450 (ebay) - I want a set too, just need to get rid of my ASA AR1's first. I suppose really what tyres you get on them. Budget are nornally Nankang or equivalent

ChriS3 said:
It's not unreasonable, but it depends on what tyre you're being offered. You can get the RS4 reps for about £500, but the tyres that they come with are awful, nearing dangerous.

Chris, I think that stating a set of tyres being a bit dangerous is a bit extreme, they are called budget tyres for a reason, to help you save money, you get what you have paid for! I use a set of replica wheels and budget tyres on my Passat, and they have yet to fail me, I get around 10k miles out of a set, due to the weight they have to carry(it's an estate). If you drive like a loon, or have intentions of driving your car on the limit, then yes, I'd recommend paying the little extra for a decent set of rubber, by for daily driving, most people wouldn't know the difference.

jojo said:
Chris, I think that stating a set of tyres being a bit dangerous is a bit extreme, they are called budget tyres for a reason, to help you save money, you get what you have paid for! I use a set of replica wheels and budget tyres on my Passat, and they have yet to fail me, I get around 10k miles out of a set, due to the weight they have to carry(it's an estate). If you drive like a loon, or have intentions of driving your car on the limit, then yes, I'd recommend paying the little extra for a decent set of rubber, by for daily driving, most people wouldn't know the difference.

Fair enough. Mine came with Merit tyres, and going from grippy Bridgestones to them was entertaining. The difference in grip was fairly pronounced, the merit tyres would slide and understeer at most opportunities. For a larger run-around like a Passat I'd say they're fine, but for a car that's pushed a little harder than most, like the S3, they're a bit of a let down.