Piano Black S3 bits.....

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi there could some-one confirm if the piano black bits and pieces from the inside of an S3 will fit an A3?

I.E the Gaitor Surround and the switch surrounds on the inside of the doors.

If so any idea where i can get some? Audi will be expensive i guess??

Jason

I think for them to fit you will need to get them from the relevant car i.e pre or post facelift as the interior trim bits are slightly different on post facelift cars...... i think.

Audi might not be terrible for them i just bought S3 lower bumper inserts and it came to about £40 for the lot

Agreed on one point; just make sure they are from the same 'era'- pre or post facelift. But with regards to the prices from audi... forget it they are damn expensive items. IIRC just one door handle costs around £160! But i may be wrong

rodenal said:
i just bought S3 lower bumper inserts and it came to about £40 for the lot

dont suppose you have the part number for the middle lower grille clips on the invoice do you (should be 11 in a set)??

Havent picked the bits up yet mate but ill pm you when i get them if the p/no is there

rodenal said:
Havent picked the bits up yet mate but ill pm you when i get them if the p/no is there

excellent, i'd be most grateful. My local dealer has so far spent a month trying to obtain the part number. The part number listed in etka is for clips that are too long for the lugs on the bumper. The ones that are needed are only about 5-6mm deep and both edges are the same length.

EDIT: If the part number isnt on the invoice, it should be printed on the sticker stuck to the bag that they come in.

rodenal said:
Audi might not be terrible for them i just bought S3 lower bumper inserts and it came to about £40 for the lot
You'd be surprised; they want about £120 for the ashtray; about £80 for the centre-console surround where a flat-black (A3) one is £20; and they want somewhere between £100 and £200 (somethin daft like that) for each door (the arm-rest bit with the window-switches in).

All those are approximations as it was a long time ago when I looked and my memory isn't that hot; but they're around that sort of ball park. Maybe a scrap-S3 or a mate who's really good with a spray gun might be more realistic...

Regards,

Rob.

Ive got alittle scuff in my centre console, I rang audi they wanted £250 for a pre facelift centre console in piano black, a standard A3 centre console panel cost around £25. Ive just got my brother to paint the standard panel, and you'll never tell the difference. I can find the paint code, although it would need to be sprayed in 2K paint.

ChriS3 said:
Were these bits ever available in carbon?

I was sure id seen them in carbon before but cant seem to find any confirmation of this now, i thought they were a factory option at some point.

S3Steve said:
I was sure id seen them in carbon before but cant seem to find any confirmation of this now, i thought they were a factory option at some point.

for some reason this rings a bell. They were definitely not an option on UK spec cars, but i have some recollection of them being available on continental spec cars. Also, I seem to vaguely remember the press cars having a carbon trim....

Any news on those grille clips btw rodenal? :icon_thumright: