Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Swaying towards IHI....

Status

Piano Black S3 bits.....

Hi there could some-one confirm if the piano black bits and pieces from the inside of an S3 will fit an A3?

I.E the Gaitor Surround and the switch surrounds on the inside of the doors.

If so any idea where i can get some? Audi will be expensive i guess??

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I think for them to fit you will need to get them from the relevant car i.e pre or post facelift as the interior trim bits are slightly different on post facelift cars...... i think.

Audi might not be terrible for them i just bought S3 lower bumper inserts and it came to about £40 for the lot
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

4th Gear

Status
    Agreed on one point; just make sure they are from the same 'era'- pre or post facelift. But with regards to the prices from audi... forget it they are damn expensive items. IIRC just one door handle costs around 160! But i may be wrong

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rodenal
    i just bought S3 lower bumper inserts and it came to about 40 for the lot
    dont suppose you have the part number for the middle lower grille clips on the invoice do you (should be 11 in a set)??

6th Gear

Status
    Havent picked the bits up yet mate but ill pm you when i get them if the p/no is there
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

6th Gear

Status
    Havent picked the bits up yet mate but ill pm you when i get them if the p/no is there
    excellent, i'd be most grateful. My local dealer has so far spent a month trying to obtain the part number. The part number listed in etka is for clips that are too long for the lugs on the bumper. The ones that are needed are only about 5-6mm deep and both edges are the same length.

EDIT: If the part number isnt on the invoice, it should be printed on the sticker stuck to the bag that they come in.
    Last edited by madvw; 28th December 2006 at 16:25.

hud at ye bam

Status
    Were these bits ever available in carbon?
    [/sarcasm]

Administrator

Status
    Audi might not be terrible for them i just bought S3 lower bumper inserts and it came to about 40 for the lot
    You'd be surprised; they want about 120 for the ashtray; about 80 for the centre-console surround where a flat-black (A3) one is 20; and they want somewhere between 100 and 200 (somethin daft like that) for each door (the arm-rest bit with the window-switches in).

All those are approximations as it was a long time ago when I looked and my memory isn't that hot; but they're around that sort of ball park. Maybe a scrap-S3 or a mate who's really good with a spray gun might be more realistic...

Regards,

Rob.

Neutral

Status
    Ive got alittle scuff in my centre console, I rang audi they wanted 250 for a pre facelift centre console in piano black, a standard A3 centre console panel cost around 25. Ive just got my brother to paint the standard panel, and you'll never tell the difference. I can find the paint code, although it would need to be sprayed in 2K paint.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    Were these bits ever available in carbon?
    I was sure id seen them in carbon before but cant seem to find any confirmation of this now, i thought they were a factory option at some point.
    2007 A3 TDI 170 S Line
    Sold - 2002 S3

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Steve
    I was sure id seen them in carbon before but cant seem to find any confirmation of this now, i thought they were a factory option at some point.
    for some reason this rings a bell. They were definitely not an option on UK spec cars, but i have some recollection of them being available on continental spec cars. Also, I seem to vaguely remember the press cars having a carbon trim....

Any news on those grille clips btw rodenal?