Strange braking

rodenal

Reaction score
When i'm breaking gently, usually just before i come to a stop, i get a strange sort of spring feeling and noise through the pedal. I've just had a rear caliper replaced as it was sticking, could it be related? perhaps air in the system?

It doesnt seem to affect the actual braking at all, but it is a strange feeling almost like the abs is cutting in.

ABS kicking in?
If they have disturbed the ABS ring so that it isn't running true it will have this effect.
Try pulling the ABS fuse and see if it stops doing it. Replace the fuse after test. I had this on our A3 and the ring on the front had been bent, so I straightened / fixed it.

ABS it is, goes away when the fuse is pulled - cant really check just now but hopefully the ring will be slightly bent and its an easy fix. I'm guessing its just a case of getting a hold of the rim with pliers?

The car really doesnt like having the abs taken out, abs light and brake fluid warning light/noise

Ironic thing is it stops much better without it, must kick in far too early

Don't run the car without the fuse, it was just to check the problem.
You could always take it back to the place that did the rear caliper and tell them what you have found out.
Good Luck

Yeah i wasnt gonna run without it was just surprised at quite how much it complained