Exhaust confusion!

madmyf

Reaction score
Hi guys first of all Merry Christmas to you all, im alittle new to this so plz bare with me and sorry if this question has already been answered.
I want to fit a aftermarket exhaust to my 1.6se i no it would be better 2 own a 1.8t or s3 but im only 21 so this is a real luxury 4 me:icon_thumright: . i hear that milltek exhausts are the 1's 2 go for but they dnt list my car on their site, i seen on a post that the 1.8t exhaust fits is this true and how would i go about it as im guessing its not a straight forward fit
or if you can suggest an alternative that would be great too.

"if" it can (i dont know 100% if i can) the 1.8T exhaust will only fit from the Cat back. i dont see why miltek wont do one for the 1.6, email them, theres also supersprint you can consider, or sebring

Thanks im only looking 4 a cat back system i no ur nt 100% sure if it will fit but do u no if id need any new brakets to get it 2 fit? thanks again

www.supersprint.com

they do a full block back system for yours, get that manifold they do youll be more than please :)

i cant honestly say about the 1.8t exhaust, i would imagine both the 1.6 and 1.8T is 2.5" bore, someone will correct me

madmyf, i've just fittted a scorpion to my 1.8t , scorpion will fit the 1.6 1.8 & 1.8t from cat back, sits just under back bumper, no cutting required, twin round tailpipes look well meaty, not thin and cheap, and it sounds the dogs, go to there website it's on there.
merry xmas

Miltek tried making a cat back system for a 1.6 but they said at 80mph it created a harmonic resonance in the car that was unbearable when i contacted them for my 1.6.
When i brought the exhaust for mine i took a massive chance with a buying a 1.8t golf exhaust from blueflame but it works really well its not to loud and hasnt created any problembs but i did have to cut a recess in the back bumper (which i wanted to do anyway, rather than it hang under the bumper)
it5 fits exactly tha same as the standard system but you will need a reducer to fit just after the cat.