Goodbye A3, Hello Datsun!

Timbo

Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?
Reaction score
Well chaps, I probably won't be around very much any more as the A3 has been replaced by this:

350z.jpg

A Datsun with a Renault engine!

And yes I know it's going to be a b*gger to keep clean.

Thanks to everyone for all the help I've received on this board - it made Audi ownership all the more enjoyable.

Cheers! Tim.

TRAITOR! Nah just joking...

Hope you enjoy your new ride fella, it looks nice :)

looks nice ! hope you enjoy it and dont be a stanger !

Nice car Tim!

Just be prepared to hear rattles from the dash. We've had over 20 Nissans parked outside the house, all been 100% reliable. But all have rattles :(. You pay extra for rattles with Audi, it comes as standard with Nissan :).

Funny thing is, i'm going to be moving from a Datsun to a Audi :)

Cheers guys!
skyliner34 said:
Just be prepared to hear rattles from the dash. We've had over 20 Nissans parked outside the house, all been 100% reliable. But all have rattles :(. You pay extra for rattles with Audi, it comes as standard with Nissan :).
Datsun, please! :)

No rattles yet (touch wood)! The old A3 rattled like a good'un - still after 100K miles I would expect no less. Thankfully doing far less miles these days so hopefully all the rattles on this one will be for the next owner to find!

After a lifetime of Fords anything that doesn't rattle or rust is a Godsend.

Cheers!

Timbo said:
Cheers guys!

Datsun, please! :)

No rattles yet (touch wood)! The old A3 rattled like a good'un - still after 100K miles I would expect no less. Thankfully doing far less miles these days so hopefully all the rattles on this one will be for the next owner to find!

After a lifetime of Fords anything that doesn't rattle or rust is a Godsend.

Cheers!

:)

Enjoy you'r Datsun :racer:

Funny, the name Datsun faded away a long time ago in Australia, I think around the early 80s. I didn't know Datsun is synonimous (sp?) with Nissan. It is a lovely car, had the pleasure of racing against one with my Honda S2000 at a local track. It was much faster but dont know if it was the car's fault or the driver :)

i used to have a black 300zx twin turbo. what a beast! i thought i could drive until i bought it - 300bhp to the back wheels, it used to do the biggest burnouts off the lights you've ever seen - if you could keep it straight! I blew it up in the end and decided to go back to audi's. i'l never forget though. i had an r6 at the time and there was'nt much between them up to 60mph!

SteveS said:
i used to have a black 300zx twin turbo. what a beast! i thought i could drive until i bought it - 300bhp to the back wheels, it used to do the biggest burnouts off the lights you've ever seen - if you could keep it straight! I blew it up in the end and decided to go back to audi's. i'l never forget though. i had an r6 at the time and there was'nt much between them up to 60mph!

Sounds like me and my old Supra!

Gimme the 4 wheel drive any day!!!