a3 v6

audiA3V6

Reaction score
just to say hello, i have just joined having sold my imprezza and bought a new a3 3.2 v6.

i would like to say it is the dogs ********, quite a bit more refined than the wrx but just as fast if not more so in the mid and top ranges.

will post some pics soon.

stu

Excellent! i love them, but have not driven one yet! HOping to maybe get one next year!

Rich

Nice, would be intrigued to see what you thinnk of it after owning a scooby.

i never knew they did a v6....would i be right in sayin thats it basically the same engine as the golf R32?

what performance figures does it have...gotta be quicker than an S3?

Just wait for the S version of the new shape - That'll be loopy!
AudiV6 - Is it well equipped?
Looking at a new S3 (a few left) but interested in the V6 one too. Similar price.

thanks for all the comments guys, thought i was the only sad ******* out there.

the v6 is cool, 20x more refined than the scoob, and having given it its first good thrashing at the weekend, i think overall it is quicker ( doing 120 when i thought about 90!). had the esp light on at 80mph going round a corner, not sure whether to be impressed or scared.

at present it gives out 250bhp, but may chip it in the future. very similar engine to r32 although not exact same.

finish is good, debadged it, few silly niggles. rear mats are an optional extra! 6 speed box is good. brakes are awesome, the discs look as if they touch the rims.

will post some pics soon

bet it sounds great?

does it have 'proper' 4wd or the haldex system?

[ QUOTE ]
edwin98 said:
Whats wrong with haldex?

[/ QUOTE ]
There's nothing wrong with a Haldex, but by default the power split is something like 90% to the front, which contributes to the car having a tendancy to understeer. A scoobi is 50/50 on power for example, whilst a Jag X-type is 40/60 to begin with which makes for a more RWD feel to the system.

The Haldex is probably one of the reasons why most performance car journalists don't rate the S3 highly - "real" sports cars are RWD in their book.

Dan

[ QUOTE ]
dbm said:
[ QUOTE ]
edwin98 said:
Whats wrong with haldex?

[/ QUOTE ]
There's nothing wrong with a Haldex, but by default the power split is something like 90% to the front, which contributes to the car having a tendancy to understeer. A scoobi is 50/50 on power for example, whilst a Jag X-type is 40/60 to begin with which makes for a more RWD feel to the system.

The Haldex is probably one of the reasons why most performance car journalists don't rate the S3 highly - "real" sports cars are RWD in their book.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly...understeer is the devil!!!

not that you can't change your drivin to suit (by driving it 'on its nose'), and anyway, its not like its worse than a FWD.

Would say drive it normal on roundabouts and there's only understear.

Try hitting it hard and steer agressive then you get loads of grip. But its difficult to correct when you go over the limit.

mmmmmmmm.....the V6, I love the noise that engine makes, absolutely gorgeous, you must be chuffed, congrats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif