Bilstein PSS9

lUCKYS3

Reaction score
Anybody had any experience with these coilovers on there S3 an how do you rate them?
Is making adjustments with the compression and rebound easy to do with the S3 as far as reaching the points to do so??

i have a set. they are quite hard, even at the softest setting. but the car grips like crazy. very high quality as you would expect. the damping and rebound are adjusted together, not seperately. the rears are very easy, the fronts a bit harder but still possible with a jack. but as you wouldn't need to adjust too often, not a problem.
if you want to take it to a track, these would be excellent. just looking for adjustable height, mainly driving in town, i'd look for something softer and cheaper.

Thanks for the info, Did you upgrade yor tie bars and Arb's when you had the pss9's fitted, if so which ones did you end up having fitted?

yes, i have the adjustable tie bars. as i bought 2nd hand, dont know the manufacturer, looks exactly like the forge items. i had ordered a set of H&R ARBs, but had to cancel, still thinking of fitting them in the future. the H&Rs are pretty thick (+6mm both front and back) you might want to get something thinner, also read EssThree s star performance tests, at the start of this section for more ARB info.