fuel stats for a full tank of 97RON fuel in remapped 1.8T Sport...

P

Pete69zx

Just thought i would share my finding with you all regarding my cars fuel stats over a full tank (running it as low i dared!)

I did drive the car like i was 'Miss Daisy', but needs must @ the moment.

Anyways, heres my findings for my car which is a 1998 A3 1.8T Sport with a remap, K&N panel filter, Forge DV, custom singlebox stainless exhaust...

15miles left in the tank having covered 373.8miles
vbpgimage.php

14hours 51minutes of engine running time having covered 373.8miles
vbpgimage.php

35.8 average MPG having covered 373.8miles
vbpgimage.php

25MPH average speed having covered 373.8miles
vbpgimage.php

Whats everyones thoughts & opinions here... are these good fuel consumption figures?

P.S. This was a mixture of roads, but mainly less than 56MPH.

I did once blip it for about 1-2miles reaching approx 120MPH (chasing an S3, lol).

Cheers.

Please may i ask how the hell you managed to get that lol!

My A3 T sport Standard engine wise apart from a full miltek exhaust with race cat etc gets 270 Miles to a Full tank of V power???

Cheers

Jason

Well, i did drive the car very very steadily for the whole tank apart from the 1-2mile 120mph blip, lol.

So, its a good mileage to get then from RON97 fuel driving it like an old man?!

Cheers.

can I ask how you got all that information in your display? Mine doesn't show anything at all in the middle, only the trip meter and total milage on the right hand side display.

I have asked this on another post in this forum, no luck finding the answer yet.

By the way, I am getting around 24 mpg (500kms on a tank refilling about 50 litres) but hopefully that will improve once I get over the need to turbo it everywhere!

Audi A3 '98 1.8 Turbo Black

Tequie said:
can I ask how you got all that information in your display? Mine doesn't show anything at all in the middle, only the trip meter and total milage on the right hand side display.

I have asked this on another post in this forum, no luck finding the answer yet.

By the way, I am getting around 24 mpg (500kms on a tank refilling about 50 litres) but hopefully that will improve once I get over the need to turbo it everywhere!

Audi A3 '98 1.8 Turbo Black

On the right -hand drivers stalk (wiper stalk), there is a little double mounded button on the end, press it and it will display all the given details :icon_thumright:

thanks Darth but I had a look and I surely dont have any other buttons on the wiper stalk except the intermittent controls on top of the stalk. Could it be my car didn;t have that option turned on when purchased? But then why do I have the display there, just doesn't work. Maybe a fuse? Maybe it's disabled in Australian cars because MPG doesn't mean a hell of a lot here (we go by litres/100kms)

98 might be too old to have DIS, my 97 doesnt.

Not sure if it was an option on the earlier cars as opposed to standard on later 1.8 + models

DIS was standard spec on UK 1.8T's, no idea about Oz though... Apparantly not judging by this thread.

I find my DIS reads about 10% over for its average MPG. I used to get a genuine 32mpg (ie 35 mpg on the DIS) all day long when i was living 20 miles from work, that was a mixture of all roads at sensible throttle mon - fri, and also weekend driving to footie and stuff mainly hammer down.

oh and as for as low as you can go on petrol, you can drive around for a while with the DIS reading 0 miles range left, trust me ;)

Best mpg i've ever had was about 38mpg (calculated, not DIS), all motorways.

rodenal said:
98 might be too old to have DIS, my 97 doesnt.
I think yours doesn't because it's a 1.6 - my 1.8T did and that was a '97.

35.8mpg is pretty good for Winter Pete. I used to get that during the Summer and more like 32mpg during the Winter (all long runs).

I didn't find any difference between premium unleaded and super - when it was remapped it was full of premium and I don't think the ECU can compensate for super anyway.

If i drive how i want then i will average about 33mpg and cover 320-340 miles per tank of v-power which costs about £42... the most i've ever had is 390 driving like a fanny. it would probably do more but the 1st and last 3 miles of my journeys cover a big hill (one up and one down) about 2 miles long which gnerally kills and nice driving i've done for the day!

I found my pre facelift to be much better on consumption after the remap than the facelift i have now!

dgannon69 said:
tank of v-power which costs about £42...

****** hell, how cheap is v-power over your way? cost me 94p/litre on New Years Day, fascists :(

I can squeeze around 47quid into my tank from the lowest i dare run it (seems to be happening quite a lot these days, lol).

I tend to either use BP Ultimate or the 97RON grade of fuel that Tesco offer.

Im tight, & like to get the money off vouchers when i go shopping @ Tesco! LoL

Tallpaul said:
****** hell, how cheap is v-power over your way? cost me 94p/litre on New Years Day, fascists :(

Yeh i was getting it for 92.9p/litre but on average i'll squeeze about £42 to £43ish in the tank with 20 showing on the DIS. I try to make sure i fill up before it gets below 20 because last time that happened it went to zero over a 2 mile stretch!haha

when i filled my tank last, only got 280 miles out of it!!! also cost me about 50 quid to top it up.

I wasnt really driving sensibly though, but then again i wasnt exactly driving like a maniac. I think all my miles were on busy minor roads, slow moving traffic etc.

averaged 22mpg

And my engine is completely standard!!!

somehow i managed to get 38.1mpg yesterday!!!!

driving along the coast road (a35-A31) froim plymouth to portsmouth, i managed to get 38.1 mpg, which is about as good as its ever been for me! was very chuffed, as i usually get around 28mpg on that run, as its all nice flowing A roads, and lots of stop start through small villages!

must be the time of year!