Coil Packs on S3 - Version G

Mike.M

Reaction score
Had a look at my coil packs today and found that I have version "G".

Should I get them changed by Audi to the new version "L"?

No problems really in terms of performance apart from slight hesitation in power until the turbo kicks in about 2K and an annoying ticking noise at idle on the drivers side of the engine bay.

how did you get at them and removed it. I have a nov 2001 reg and they haven't gone yet

Drivers side engine bay noise is normal if it's a ticking noise. I had my coilpacks replaced on sunday after breaking down and i have noticed an improvement.

Had my coil packs changed to the latest version free of charge and noticed the car was more responsive too........not my imagination.

They lost my stereo code and now I have no radio until tomorrow when they can input the code.......just listening to turbo winding up all the time which is something I never listened to before.

which dealer did you goto cos my dealer refuses until it knackered.what did you say to them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It's fairly easy.

Remove the plastic engine cover.
Carefully remove the wiring connector from each coil.

You should then be able to read the part number off the coil. You can see from the pic below a version G coil (06B 905 115G where the last letter is the revision)

coilnumber.jpg

it was a manufacturing problem with certain verions.

I had the coil packs replaced at Poole Audi - Breeze. They called the warranty dept who would not pay for them, then they called customer services at the HO and they said that was fine......playing the concerned owner and all.

Apparently my chasis was in the recall range but not the engine?????