a3 2000 front fog lights question

Bellic

Reaction score
i have a 2000 a3 on the headlight switch i have the front fog function which lights up green as normal but i do not have front fogs is this normal ?

Yes, the switch must have been replaced a some point with the added position on it.
dont worry about it i had to change mine because it broke and i got one off ebay with front fogs on.
It only lights up, behind it there is no wire in the multiplug.
It always good to know if you ever want to put the fog lights in,that you havent got to buy a new switch.:yes:

im fitting fogs does that mean that i only have to contect themto the existing wiring and buy a new swicth??

a3quattroturbo said:
i have a 2000 a3 on the headlight switch i have the front fog function which lights up green as normal but i do not have front fogs is this normal ?

are u sure? i thought front fogs were standard on TQ's, mines a 2000 and has them, pre facelifts are built into the headlight as opposed to facelift lower ones

i think mine must have had the old units which had built in fogs , someone must have put the facelift ones on mine as mine has the early rear lights aswell

quattro lew is your clutch pedal a bit hard to press ?

i wouldnt say its really hard, but compared to my last clutch it is heavier with it being a performance car, you could have an air lock thats causing a bit of extra pressure making it harder to press down

have you had a new clutch?

can you hear the turbo on yours , mine is quite i think as it is k03?
have you done any mods to yours quattro lew

nick1973 said:
im fitting fogs does that mean that i only have to contect themto the existing wiring and buy a new swicth??

No, you will stil need to get a wirng loom and a relay for the fog lights like any retro fit fog lights, it just means you will be able to use a OE audi switch instead of cutting one into you dash.

thanks will nip and get a loom form somwhere

a3quattroturbo said:
can you hear the turbo on yours , mine is quite i think as it is k03?
have you done any mods to yours quattro lew

yes i can hear the turbo on mine, its still standard i havent had any money to buy things for it :(