Falken FK452 on S3?

SimonP

Reaction score
Anyone have Falken FK-452's on their S3, any good?

I'm a believer that you can't compare tyres, it's always a specific car and tyre combination that works or doesn't.

My experience on my S3s has been:

Goodyear F1 GSD3s, current, are good except in the cold where the hard compound makes them pretty slippy until they warm up. Don't wear out very quickly though.

Bridgestone S03's are excellent, but they wear out very quickly and cost the earth.

OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE040's are ok, but nothing special and expensive.

The Falken's are well priced and are getting good reviews from my friends with Leon Cupras and BMWs, but as I said each car is different and it's the combination not just the tyre that makes the difference.

Ive got them on mine mate! I was very unfortunate to run over some glass and **** 3 tyres about 2 weeks after i had my car!

Replaced them with falkens as the were just less than £100 each. As far as wear and tear goes, not really had a look tbh, they seem pretty grippy in wet and dry. Not bad at all for £100 a corner.

I got some Toyo Proxes T1-R on mine...

I paied about 65quid each corner (but thast was a trade price).

Should retail a little less than 100quid per corner.

225/45/17

Falkens are pretty decent in the dry and average in the wet - however they wear like nothing else, i munched a front pair in about 9k on my a3

ive got 225/40/18 falkens £70 each and have lasted well, quite a hard compound compared to toyos and f1's though.

jojo said:
Thanks Booth, I recently got a set of four Avon's 235/35 R19 for £450 fitted and balanced, and looking at the site, my price isn't too bad at all. :cool:

no worries at all mate! £450 aint to bad really for everything!

fingermouse said:
got 2 toyos from wheelbase 235/35/19 100 pounds each
Good price for a good tyre!

I had Continental's before, and i got 20k miles out of them including one trackday and one rotation of the tyres. Avon's I currently have seem more grippy in the wet but not as good as the Conti's in the dry, they seem to be getting grippier as they wear in a bit more though...

have you got the zz3`s ??? had these ion the 18`s and they were v good. I might try them next time as I think the rim protector is better on them ???

jojo - which contis did you have?

fingermouse - what kind of wear are you getting with the zz3''s?

I've currently got p zero's. Only done about 10k miles of mixed driving and the fronts are now borderline legal.

Thanks Iain

Anyone tried Pzeros yet? they worked great on my dads skyline i know its a different car but none the less a quality tyre.

Jason

I had Toyo's on my Zetec S. Never again, they have to be the worse tyres I have ever had on a motor. No grip in the dry so in the wet it was fun, but they did look good As for TVR's coming with them as standard - no wonder they are in financial difficulties

macdoug said:
jojo - which contis did you have?

fingermouse - what kind of wear are you getting with the zz3''s?

I've currently got p zero's. Only done about 10k miles of mixed driving and the fronts are now borderline legal.

Thanks Iain

the zz3`s were wearing really well but I did a deal with a mate and swapped my reps for his sportecs 19" which is why im on the Toyos now