Bulb Warning after HID install

Dave_Bayern

Slipping at 3.5Krpm
Reaction score
I know a lot of people here have retro fitted HID lamps for dipped beam.

I used a serious vision kit supplied by JBR Performance and although its very good quality its a generic kit so the instructions aren't perfect.

How do you get around the bulb out warning on the DIS? Can I switch it off via VAG-COM or is there something I can short?

Thanks

Yeah, I already used a relay circuit but you still take the original connectors out of the loop by wiring in HIDs.

I resistor would certainly work but does anyone know which value I should use?

First let me say that this is NOT based on something I've heard/read from someone who's actually had this problem and used a resistor to solve it. I've just used power and resistance maths to have a stab...

If I understand what you're trying to do (fool the DIS that you have a normal bulb completing the circuit when you actually don't) - I guess it would be something like...

a) If you're drawing power from somewhere else entirely and are just using a relay which will draw negligible wattage from the original circuit, and you need to simulate a 55W Halogen bulb sitting on the 12V line; that would require a 2.618 ohm (if we're splitting hairs ;)) resistor if my maths doesn't fail me.

or (less likely I guess)

b) If you have a 35W Xenon bulb somehow on the lines where you used to have a 55W Halogen bulb) - you need to connect the circuit and simulate an additional 20W draw on the 12V line - that would require a 7.2 ohm resistor.

Anyway like I say, that's more science than experience, but I think I'm on the right lines...

Regards,

Rob.

Cool, thanks!!

Black
B********
R***
Our
Young
Girls
But
Virgins
Go