S3 seak creaking

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
Ok so its only been happening in the past week but my passenger seat has started creaking / rattling. it doesnt happen when there is someone sitting in it.

i think its the back rest part of the chair as when i push against it the rattle stops.

any ideas where to start looking or which bolts to start undoing??

a bit random i know..

cheers

My car has a very similar rattle!

It seems to be the lever that you use to tilt the seats forward on mine, but like yours, it doesn't rattle when somebodys in it, or when I lean across and put my finger on it.

I'm not sure about how to fix it yet, but thought it might be a start to see if yours is the same?! :sm4:

My girlfriends VW Polo had a similar problem - it was driving her crazy! I fixed it by spraying silicone lubricant into the hinges on the sides of the seat. To get the best access i moved the seat fully up then wound it back as far as it would go. hth.

Try your best to isolate where it's coming from and squirt some WD40 over the area. Very effective.

Mine creaked too. I greased the runners and cable and it has never done it since.

Headrest on my S3 made a cnut of a rattle with no-one sitting in it. Like you it could be stopped by placing slight pressure on the seat back.

I think it ended up being the clip to adjust the headrest - have you checked there?

my seat belt buckles creak against the leather seats by the handbrake. probably not your creak but mite be worth a look.

im also getting this creek, driving me nuts! ive had the seats out and everything and cant find the problem!

Got a very annoying intermitent creak on my passenger seat on A3, tried spraying WD40 on exposed areas but still no joy, anybody any ideas ?:think:

now sorted. mine was a small bolt under the seat that had come loose and was rattling loads. just tightened it up and its all quiet again now.

happy at last.

PLASTILUBE is very good on these sort of rattles.

You can buy it in a small bottle for about £3.50 or in sachets from BMW for £1 each.

Best application is however on brakes, instead of copper slip. Doesn't wash away so easily and lasts much longer, thus preventing brake squeel