Alloys: RS4 or RS6?

Alloys: RS4 or RS6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jaywoo_A3 said:
Im a 1.6 driver to, I think theres a few of us on here we just hide out the way and let the proper engines get on with it?:thumbsup:

at least your motor looks pretty ;)

i often wonder why people always seem to go with oem or replica wheels, i know that it keeps the "original" look but when u compare some aftermarket wheels are half the weight of oems etc, which improves handling, cornering etc especially if u put a big brake conversion on (more weight) it makes me wonder anyway just my 2p's worth

RS4s - they're a rarer, more classic Audi design. Love the RS6s too but the abundance of S-Line models these days means the exclusivity has gone.

jdp1962 said:
The thing about alloys is that no matter how nice a design they are, they only look good when they're clean. The more elaborate the design,the harder they are to keep clean, & the less the owners will be bothered to clean them.

Keep it simple, because nearly always, less is more. Audi's best alloy desgin was the 5-spoke 16" Competition fiitted to the B5

followed closely by the 17" Star fiitted to the B6, and Donald McIver's RS6 rim.

After that, everything else is just complication for it's own sake.

I've always considered the original six spoke 'Avus' wheels a classic and beautiful design used on the original Audi S2's and still going strong on the current S4's, though they have refined the spokes.

if you do go for rs4's try and get real ones not replicas, i've had many makes replica rs4's and none come close to the standard of OEM ones i had!

That said the rs4's i have on my A3 at the moment are fairly crap, but then from a couple of metres away you can't tell must difference and if you do then hit a curb, who cares!!!

At the mo i have the old RS4 alloys but im sick of my center caps either falling off or getting robbed as i had them on my A3. I was thinking of the new Rs4 alloys 18"..

Anyone have a pic of an s3 with them on, or could anyone give me more suggetions i would prefer if they were audi and not rs6 alloys as my brother has one....

RS4's for me mate, ive added a few pics of mine on 18's
Hope it helps you out.
In the end its your choice and i tried both on mine , i found it depends on the colours of your car , which suits it best, so RS4's were my preference, but each to their own hey;) :thumbsup:
Theres a few more in my galleries too, the pics below are as it looks now:thumbsup:
RS4s.jpg

RS4spic2.jpg

whisky180 said:
i often wonder why people always seem to go with oem or replica wheels, i know that it keeps the "original" look but when u compare some aftermarket wheels are half the weight of oems etc, which improves handling, cornering etc especially if u put a big brake conversion on (more weight) it makes me wonder anyway just my 2p's worth

Anyone has the weight of an RS4 replica? (in 17" and 18" would be appreciated)
Thanks