Facelift Headlight Conversion

shawshankuk

Glu Kru
Reaction score
Hi all, Im pretty new here so please, if this has come up before - dont nag me. Just think Dae Jaaa Vooo

Anyway,

I've got a 1.8t 1999 but want to fit the facelift headlights but the (Wait for it) Angel eye ones see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-8L-Angel-Eyes-Headlights-brand-FK_W0QQitemZ190064130865QQihZ009QQcategoryZ23009QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190064130865

I understand its not just a straight swap. Is there a forum out there that gives details on how to fit these bad boys? i.e. pics etc?
From what I hear, its best to take the bumper off to do this.

One more thing. Is the wiring the same? Do I need to cut and solder? if so has anyone came up with a diagram/solution or is there a wiring harness that can be bought?

Ive just done this conversion to mine must say the angel eyes IMO look miles better than any others.

Ive got a silver car with the black angel eyes ets them off nicely, Take the bumper off and they simply plug stright in to your existing connector.

To wire the angels i had to wire them up to the sidelights though, some other brands you may not have to do this.

I paid £130 for my lights, well pleased with them.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Did you fit the facelift angel eye headlights or the pre facelift ones?

I want to fit the facelift lights to my pre face lift car but understand there is a few mods needed. I just wondered if anyone had info from start to finish on it.

Cheers