suspension fault knocking..

cominatcha

gonna getcha
Reaction score
somewhere where the the speed limit is over 150mph
Please please is their any one with or had the same problem/fault with the front suspension.. Ok here it goes i have a a3 1999 turbo sport 150bhp agu,i have lowerd the car in the last ten months with new shocks and springs. have had the trackling all done only by 35mm drop which is fine. so good so far untill the other week when i went on a trip to london i heard this horrible grinding noise when going a long at 60mph upwards only when cornering found to change the top suspension mounts and the anti roll bar links on both sides ok. NOISE came back after two weeks found that the drivers side drive shaft has been in contact with the anti roll bar?? As their is signs of a mark on the shaft?? Can any body give me some advice please. :respekt: :) respect cominatcha

AUDI A3
TURBO
SPORT
:arco:

As far as i know when you lower the car you have to use modified droplinks on the front as they cause the arb to foul the driveshaft as in your case.
No such problem on the s3 as its way out of the way. Yours are plastic IIRC. Check with the company from where you got the suspension kit from or try Awesome gti in warrington.
i may be wrong, but im sure others who have lowered their non quattro cars should be to advise better.