running NOS on a 1.8T AGU engine...

P

Pete69zx

Just been thinking away to myself, as i seldomly do...

How well would an AGU engined 1.8T Sport go with NOS attached to it?

Lets use my car as an example...

Its got a Forge DV, remapped, custom single box stainless exhaust.

Im guessing it would need to br remapped again, and probably an uprated clutch added in to boot aswell.

What kind of power could be expected to be gained from adding NOS over the approx 186BHP i already have?

I know NOS can come in various different kits for different applications.

Lets use for example a NOS kit that goes into each of the 4 cylinders, not the usual single jet type kits that just go around the throttle body area.

Cheers, Pete.

Ok, just for curiosities sake i just called a local Tuner (Teeside Motor Factors).

They do specialize in fitting & supplying wizards of NOS kits so i have just been told.

The kit is around 650 pounds & fitting & setup is a further 400 pounds.

He told me approx 1000 pounds plus the VAT.

I asked what would be the sort of power ioncrease i could look for, he told me in between 50-75BHP gain over current power.

I did ask about the 4 jet kit that i mentioned earlier & not the single jet kit some places & people choose to use coz its cheapest!

He did also say that the way they would reccomend the kit to be tuned was to help reduce the turbo lag, & not out right top end power.

Just though i would add this information.

you wouldn't need a new remap. plenty of 1.8T's running NOS out there. have a search on seatcupra.net there are a few Ibiza and Leon 1.8T's on there.

Clutch might be iffy, depends when you're using it, if your gonna use the NOS for 1/4 mile stuff then probably yes. Dumping in a 50hp shot when you're already in gear might be ok.

Don't suppose you have any good links perchance do you Paul?

I will end up side tracking myself with something else! LoL

Yep, as i guessed, im now sidetracked reading up about IHI turbo conversions!!!:hubbahubba: