Floaty suspension on A3 TDI 130 sport?

Castro

Reaction score
I'm in the process of selling my A3 TDI (130) which has almost 90k on the clock and someone is coming to see the car tomorrow. Unless they're totally clueless they may pick up on the fact that the ride feels a little soft and vague, which shouldn't really be the case for a TDI (130) sport. The best way to describe it is floaty, but since I've been driving it daily I can't put my finger on when exactly it began to feel that way.

So could anyone give me any pointers as to what the problem could be and roughly how much to get it fixed so I can deduct that amount from my asking price.

Many thanks in advance

Could be either the shockers are leaking or the bushes need replacing, or both.

Just my thoughts.

If it changed from what you expected.. to what you feel now, overnight then I am sure that you would have picked up on it straight away. As its been going off over time I guess you notice the change less and adapt.....

Mine went the same way at similar milage and I got the suspension changed all round... As for cost... cant help.. it depends on what you fit instead...

Thanks chaps, he actually didn't notice but I thought I'd mention it to him anyway.