Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

just bought a facelift s3 very pleased with it !!!

Just thought i would put up a post on buying my first ever s3. i live in manchester and saw this up for sale on pistonheads it was in great yarmouth after a few more pics from the seller i decided to book a travel lodge and take the gamble. As soon as i saw it i knew it had been looked after and well worth the 4 hour trip each way to collect it . I paid 8950 and it a face lift model with 66k on full history he also put 6 months tax on it what a bargin what do you all rekon . This was the 6 s3 i viewed carnt belive how many bad ones out there but mines a minter well happy with it

Ming Blue Audi S3 Quattro 66'400 miles, in mint condition new baby means reluctant sale.

Full Audi service history,2001 y reg,face lift model, with Black leather recaro seats, e/w, e/m climate and air-con, p/a/s, twin airbags, R/C/L and alarm, immobiliser, traction control (switchable), quattro four wheel drive, 6 speed manual, xenon headlights with headlamp washers, 4 new goodyear f1's excellent condition fitted 6 months ago, hpi clear. well maintained regardless of cost. Optional extras include a Bose sound system, Audi Concert head-unit with CD changer located in the boot. Drivers armrest. NEW Aero Wipers recently fitted a month ago. 6 months tax, 7 months MOT. No upgrades car is just like it has come from the factory.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I think you got a bargain, that's an excellent price, nice one.
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 - Ice Silver

JUST GONE: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006 - Le Mans Blue

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

Neutral

Status
    it great what do you think it worth he gave me a recipt for 1310 from a skoda garage he bought it in june but hes moveing house needed deposit and new baby i got a great deal , would you recomend a re mapp what dose it do to fuel and whats the best one to go for

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes I would definitely recommend a remap, makes all the difference, although maybe you will want to run it as standard for a while. Then when you remap you get that "new toy" feeling all over again. There are scores of companies offering remaps, popular ones are AMD, MTM, APR, Jabba, Revo, Superchips .... etc

Since the remap I have found my car is more economical than standard when cruising on motorways (35MPG+), but more thirsty than standard (20-25MPG) if "enjoying myself".

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

2nd Gear

Status
    I reckon you would normally expect to pay 10,500 privately for that year and mileage.

Run up to Christmas is a great time to buy a used car as the market is very flat.

Neutral

Status
    yer think i will leave the re map for now , got awesome gti round the corner from me they seem good and not too dear and can fit you cruise control at the same time . got the areo wipers on it as well the seem to be quite good at high speeds , had a play with another s3 on the motorway dont think he thought it was a proper one till i was sat with him in the fast lane think it cos i am only 22 get some funny looks and i have only had it 2days its always been run on v power so i filled the tank with it today

1st Gear

Status
    cant believe the price, I have a pre-facelift that I consider worth that, same miles and mint, either you got a steal or I am poorer than I thought!
    Imola S3 looks normal but isn't

6th Gear

Status
    nice one. looks like a bargain! For some reason, there seems to be a disproportionate amout of audi s's and RS's here in norfolk. I regularly see 6 different S3's in norwich (3 black, 2 silver, 1 dolphin grey) and have seen 3 more as one-off's....

Neutral

Status
    He really needed to sell it cos he needed money for deposit on his new house he had it on pistonheads for two weeks for 10500 and no offers or calls so i thought i would be really cheaky and offered him silly money for it didnt think i would have a chance and it worked how mad s that . got all the keys as well two flip keys and plastic wallet key and straight standard key . I was looking for ages and i could only find pre face lift for this money so happy got a facelift now for silly money

Neutral

Status
    its a long trip down to norfolk from manchester but well worth the trip i carnt the price i paid for it

va va voom

Status
    thats excellent price, well done and car looks mint
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

Neutral

Status
    always said i would get a s3 all my mates are proper gutted as i am only 22 years old and paid cash for it too insurance is £988 fully comp 4 years no claims

va va voom

Status
    am 22 as well, ive been talking about getting a s3, when am finally about to get one something comes up, but am back to uni now so my income is very very low and no way i can afford s3 on that, just hope 2007 i get one
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

Aky
    Aky

Status
    Very nice - I pick mine up on Thursday, can't wait. Same colour aswell I've paid £12700 2002 with 33k on clock which I don't think is a bad price - not as cheap as yours!! I'm 25 with 3NCB paying £700. Whats it like on fuel? I drive a diesel at moment, better get used to visiting the petrol station more often

Neutral

Status
    mind did anywere from 35-38 mpg on the 4 hour trip back on the motorway from picking it up 6th gear 70-85 mph, after getting home driveing aroud getting 30mpg ish 27mpg giveing it some mine only ever been run on shell v power and is worth every penney really solid car had a a3 1.8 t before and this is nothing like the s3 everything seams so much beter the drives is just awesome

Neutral

Status
    mind did anywere from 35-38 mpg on the 4 hour trip back on the motorway from picking it up 6th gear 70-85 mph, after getting home driveing aroud getting 30mpg ish 27mpg giveing it some mine only ever been run on shell v power and is worth every penney really solid car had a a3 1.8 t before and this is nothing like the s3 everything seams so much beter the drives is just awesome

Aky
    Aky

Status
    Well I finally picked mine up last night and its awesome. The build quality, the ride and the 225 horses that powers it is so refined. The handling is far superior and after being in the Mk4 Golf, I can see why it cost so much more when new. I'm averaging 23mpg so far but I'm sure it will get better once I stop being so giddy. So to sumarise its a beast!! I think i'm going to change my maf & coolant sensor & get the coilpack checked over just to be on the safe side. Not sure whether it is ticking over properly. Think its about 750-800 rpm. Is this normal?
    Thinking of getting it linked up to Vag Com but not sure what I'd be doing, so if anyone wants to give it the once over feel free!!