S3 vibrating exhaust?

AL_B

Reaction score
Well I have finally experienced this amazing [not] feature of the S3.

Went on a drive yesterday through the Peak District and Derbyshire (great roads) with Club Audi and Daniela Unwin's "Peak Car Tours". There were about 5 Audi's and a couple of other cars.

Anyway, weather was bucketing it down with rain, with lots of surface water (mini-rivers) flowing down the country lanes on the hills. Then it started, intense vibration and noise coming from the under the car - sounding like a enormous mobile phone vibrating on a desk!! The car only made the noise for a short time, 10 mins maybe, then it stopped. Wasn't driving fast either.

Later on though, I drove through a flooded stretch on an A-road at about 60mph!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was like a water splash on a rally stage! It was ****** excellent, water sprayed from the wheel arches and side of the car, in massive arcs! It must have looked cool from the point of view of the cars I'd just overtaken (and left for dead)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But there was no vibration at all after that.

So I'm puzzled. Has anyone taken their S3 to the dealer with this problem, and did they fix it? Is there a fix?

Cheers

AL