Turbo upgrade

dgannon69

Reaction score
Ok, as some of you may understand we all get used to the power of our cars after a while. Mines been mapped to 196bhp and it feels slow now + plus the remap is not smooth at all!

I'm lookin to get up to around 230-250 bhp the cheapest and safest way possible..

Can anyone give me any pointers on ways to upgrade turbo and how much it will cost?

The reason i want to do this is because otherwise i've been lookin at oil burning Beemers but would rather stick with Audi..

Cheeers
Dave

I'd imagine a remapped KO4 turbo from an S3 would give you those sorts of figures. Not sure on the requirements, such as intercoolers, though. Mine made 265bhp at Awesome with a remap, K&N and a cat back exhaust.

HTH

Rich

I believe (I may be wrong!) that you need a new manifold to take the K04. A K03s is more reliable, will produce as much boost and will bolt straight on. If your willing to buy a 2nd hand K04 then it may work out cheaper to do that, else JabbaSport do the K03s for around £900.

Bear in mind though, that you will also need a new fuel pressure regulator (£60ish) and N75 (£unsure) then a custom remap.

and to see a genuine 230bhp from a K03s you're gonna need a FMIC too.

Rough Costs:

2nd Hand K03s £250
Fitting Kit £50
Forge TIP £120
4bar FPR £30
N75(F i think) £40
FMIC £250 - 750 (depending on the quality of core you choose)
Labour to fit above 4 - 5 hours @ £45/hour (not inc fitting the FMIC, that's a DIY or it'll cost another few hours labour).
High Flow DP and Race CAT £400
Remap £500

Total: about £2000 for a genuine 230bhp/250lb_ft

But, IMO the stock brakes and suspension will be dangerous at that power so budget another £750 to sort them. None of this is worth it if you've scrimped on tyres but i'd hope nobody is that tight ;)

Thats a lot of money to say you'll get none of it back! Better off upgrading the car me thinks!!

Aky said:
Thats a lot of money to say you'll get none of it back! Better off upgrading the car me thinks!!

Fair enough comment, but it won't be as unique as personalising your own car :sly: