Badger5EM Tuning

Thread: Turbo noise

Neutral

Status

Turbo noise

Hi,

Just require alittle bit of help, tried searching but can't really find anything that answers my question.I always drive with the music on fairly loud, but today had the stereo switch off and noiced a loud sucking/whoosing noise when accelerating, sounds like its coming from behind the glove box. Is this normal, the cars standard apart from a baileys DV. Had a quick look around TIP, DV and N75 but cant find anything split or hanging off.

Cheers

James

2. # ADS
    ADS

All Torque

Status
    yes mate youll be able to hear the turbo spool up with the "whoosh sucky" highly technical explanation noise, as long as its not a high pitched whistle noise its perfectly normal
    2000 A3 T Sport Quattro
    Absolut Red
    225 Bhp Remap

Pete69zx
    And if it is a high pitched whistle noise? (curious).

All Torque

Status
    turbo imbalance or failure
    2000 A3 T Sport Quattro
    Absolut Red
    225 Bhp Remap

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro_Lew
    yes mate youll be able to hear the turbo spool up with the "whoosh sucky" highly technical explanation noise, as long as its not a high pitched whistle noise its perfectly normal
    And what a satisfying sound it is

All Torque

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmi
    And what a satisfying sound it is
    amen,

i feel sorry for the valver owners who have to make the sounds themselves
    2000 A3 T Sport Quattro
    Absolut Red
    225 Bhp Remap

all promises, no action :)

Status
    i think all sounds have their own appeal... heard an R32 the other day...WOW!
    2000 Black S3 (Sold, then totalled) - 2008 A3 1.4T Sport

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dultanur
    i think all sounds have their own appeal... heard an R32 the other day...WOW!
    Yeah I have to agree. I was along side one the other week that had Star Performance decals all over the place and it did sound quite amazing! It was quite humerous though, he was holding all the traffic back so he could give it a half decent squirt in the middle of town.
    2000 Audi S3

2nd Gear

Status
    I had the same after my engine was replaced, all pipes looked attached and nothing showing on VAGCOM, however there is a turbo pipe (OEM red one) at the back on the engine, clips were loose and although attached where the turbo spooled it was allowing air to whistle throught the gaps....

my be worth checking, BTW, its is pig to get at!
    S3(225) - Dolpin Grey | Leather/Silver Alcantara | Bose | ViperDV | Samco Hoses | Eibach Pro-Kit | H&R Spacers | Brembo GT kit | AreoWipers | BlueTooth | Dension Icelink | New engine, Clutch, Turbo, Water pump thanks to Cambelt @ 79,000 miles | New short engine thanks to ****ed valve 22,000 miles later!

6th Gear

Status
    Why is it that on a morning when my car is cold on starting off with the window open my turbo noise is louder than when the car is hot after a trip somewhere. You can really hear it whistle when the car is cold but not when warm???
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.