Headlight aiming (non-Xenon)

benk

Reaction score
Hi all,
I noticed my driver-side headlight beam seems too be pointing too far left (i.e. towards the beam of the passenger side), so I adjusted the left/right aim using the white adjuster behind the headlight, but I've aimed it as far right as the headlight unit will go, and it's still not enough, which suggests that I need to re-align the headlight unit itself, to aim the whole thing more to the right.
Is this easily done? I did a search but found nothing that seemed to describe whether the unit is always fixed in a set position, or whether it's possible to loosen screws, shift a bit, and re-tighten?

I have just fitted some second hand Xenon lights to my car and I noticed that there was a fair bit of play available when bolting both types of lights to the car. You could loosen the torx screws and move it round a bit. Unfortunately you will need to undo the bumper cover too. This will let you get into the side screw - the most likely one you will need to adjust.

Ok, is the bumper cover a fiddle or not too bad?
And is the 3rd screw on the inside or outside of the headlight unit - i.e. near the middle of the car, or on the indicator-side?
From what you're saying, it sounds like the unit won't twist left/right unless I get at that 3rd screw?
Thanks very much btw

The bumper cover is quite easy. There are a few torx holding on the inner wing cover which you need to remove, this will let you pull the edge of the bumper off. There are also four circular clips on the top of the bumper where the bonnet catch sits. If you push the centres of these through (and dont loose one as I did!) and then pull them out, this will let you pull out the top of the bumper too. This will be enough to get access to the torx screw that sit inder the indicator, you dont need to remove the bumper cover completely - if you have the prefacelift lights the indicators come out easily by turning the locking screw 90 degrees and pulling on the indicator. Best of luck