JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    TDI
    1st Gear

Status

Brake Lights not Working!! HELP!!

Guys,

Just bought this car, and the brake lights aren’t working now. I checked the bulbs which seem fine, and also checked the brake light fuse which is also fine. The brake light at the top of the rear windscreen works though. I don't know what else it could be, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I'm afraid of ringing the Audi dealer for a cost [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Brake Lights not Working!! HELP!!

sounds like the switch on the pedal, easy to check - drop the panel down under the steering wheel, follow the brake pedal up and youll see a black switch, unplug it and switch youre ignition on - now bridge the two terminals on the plug - car side not switch side and get someone to check your brake lights are coming on, if they are then the switch is knakkerd ( about Ł5 from euro parts ) if not then ?????????????????????
    to swap the switch, just twist it round half a turn and it will come free..

TDI
    1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    matt said:
    sounds like the switch on the pedal, easy to check - drop the panel down under the steering wheel, follow the brake pedal up and youll see a black switch, unplug it and switch youre ignition on - now bridge the two terminals on the plug - car side not switch side and get someone to check your brake lights are coming on, if they are then the switch is knakkerd ( about Ł5 from euro parts ) if not then ?????????????????????
    to swap the switch, just twist it round half a turn and it will come free..

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Matt,

just called the parts department at my local Audi dealer, and he said the same thing, so I ordered the part for tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status

I had this same problem as soon as the winter weather hit, but it seems to have sorted itself out now without any interference from me. Its amazing what an effect a little bit of cold weather can have!