Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Question First beam light flickering

Hey guys, just noticed this today, my driver's side first beam light is flicking on and off intermittently, got any ideas what it might be? Fuse maybe? but why flicker? why not switch off completely?
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    mine did this, and it turned out to be a melted ballast connect/bulb hold. Have a look in the headlight from the front and see theres any smoke in there, mine smelt smoky too

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    lol smoky? are you serious? so the ballast connect/bulb hold is that where the first beam bulb fits into it's socket? and why would this happen? I've changed mine to slightly whiter ones but they've been fine for months?
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

4th Gear

Status
    water in the connection?

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    how would I go about sorting out either of the above scenarios?

Audi S3-BAM

4th Gear

Status
    yeh seriously, i changed the side lights over a week or so before, and i think i must have upset it, as it was quite awkward to get them to fit. if it doesnt look smoky in there, or smell, then my guess is that it should be ok

what i would do, would be take the whole headlight out, and check it over