S3 Purchase, 9K, any advice?

syman

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post here, have been trailing these forums and tyresmoke for months now.

This kind of thing has been asked before but more recent views would be very much appreciated.

Really looking forward to purchasing an s3, have about £8500 as would like to save £500 to remap if possible, would probably go to £9000 if i fell in love, which seems to happen with every s3 i set eyes on.

From what I understand don't think a loved, 50-60 odd k, facelift model is possible.

Found this on autotrader, its been there a while so no doubt its already gone, would really appreciate opinions on whether it would be a good buy and maybe how much to offer, cash, on an example like this:

V reg (1999) Audi S3 black, silver leather. V142 PPU

60,500 miles, Ebony black with silver leather Recaro seats, FSH, Climate control, 210BHP with 6sp, Xenon headlights, Armrest, 11 months MOT and 6 months Tax, Recently had big 60k service. New Cambelt, Waterpump and tensioners @ 55k. This is a geninue car with no expense spared, I have a folder full of receipts to prove. Looking around £8995, this reflects condition, mileage and history of the car. £8,995. ono

Really love the black with silver, looks spot on in photos, does the silver look good in the flesh.

Anyone here thinking of selling? Is now a good time to buy? Bit stuck really because car-less at the moment, the bonus is the s3 will seem so much nicer and quicker as have been sharing my partners 1.2 Clio for the last few weeks.

Thanks,
Simon

Hi,

I just bought a black S3 with silver leather 70k for that kind of money.

The one you've seen on autotrader is no longer for sale, he's decided not to sell it, I should know - I almost bought it!

I was fortunate to find almost the same car for less money in London though!

I would say now is a good time to buy but there isn't an awful lot around for that money. Keep looking and don't be afraid to travel, most important things are service history and bits replaced.

you will probably find now is the besttime to buy as people will b needing money towards christmas.

try looking on ebay aswell mate, you might get yourself a bargain on there, just be sure to HPi check anything your interested in.

Thanks all for being so helpful, Buster, Pablo's s3 is very very nice, and seems a great price, unfortunately the mileage is a little high as I do quite a few to work and back, also really love black, but it is tempting.

Trig, you lucky man, hope your purchase is giving you much grin-age, was it an auto-trader jobby?

Seen a few on ebay but just out of my price-range, will continue to look, thanks will definitely HPI.

Does offering about 500 less on a £9000 purchase sound reasonable?

I would probably start around £8300 on a £9k purchase, so £500 less doesn't seem to unreasonable to me.

Thanks mate, will do, hope one comes along soon.

CHeers Buster :)

np on the mileage front mate understand. Its my 2nd car so I dont clock up too much miles. It is already remapped tho ;)

It's really nice Pablo, the miles aren't amazingly high, its just the car I end up getting will be used a lot and for many years to come so really need to get as low miles as possible for the money. Im sure you won't have much problem selling it.

9k should see a nice example alright mate.

syman said:
Found this on autotrader, its been there a while so no doubt its already gone, would really appreciate opinions on whether it would be a good buy and maybe how much to offer, cash, on an example like this:

V reg (1999) Audi S3 black, silver leather. V142 PPU

60,500 miles, Ebony black with silver leather Recaro seats, FSH, Climate control, 210BHP with 6sp, Xenon headlights, Armrest, 11 months MOT and 6 months Tax, Recently had big 60k service. New Cambelt, Waterpump and tensioners @ 55k. This is a geninue car with no expense spared, I have a folder full of receipts to prove. Looking around £8995, this reflects condition, mileage and history of the car. £8,995. ono
I've been to see this car and I was very impressed.
It is definitely worth a look if it is the sort of car you are looking for, and if it is still available.
It also belongs to a forum member btw.

You can Have mine for 9k....

Rare IMOLA YELLOW! REGISTERED 30/12/99! Superb condition as shown by the pictures. Extras are CRUISE CONTROL, CENTRE ARMREST, BOSE SOUND SYSTEM, AUTO DIMMING MIRRORS, S3 Number plate, also usual S3 stuff; 6 disc changer,Xenon Lights, 17" inch S3 alloys, GOODYEAR F1 Eagles with plenty of tread, vanity mirror lights, exit lights on the doors, full black electric leather recaros, body colour bumpers, headlamp wash, automatic climate control, air con, trip computer, tinted rear glass, original overlay mats, red calipers, ABS, power steering, just had engine flush, oil/air filter change, new bosch diverter valve just fitted,Cambelt done at 58k 1 years MOT, tax till sept 07, 4 Owners, No modifications, chips or remaps, hpi clear,

Its on pistonheads

Hi,

This is my car. As triggermyson says it's no longer for sale. Ive decided to keep the car as a lot of money has been spent keeping it in a decent condition, also couldn't replace it with anything of the same standard for what S3 are worth today.

Did you manage to find an S3 Secret Squirrel?

James

Would have definitely been interested Secret Squirrel, Looks like you managed to get your hands on a pretty one by your avatar.

Seemed like a very nice example Jamesh, shame your not selling anymore mate.

NISHS3’s also looks great, going to hang on for a black one though.

Took a trade 225 out today, really hate to say this, especially here... but it didn’t feel as quick as thought it was going to. First S3 test drive so hopefully it was just in need of some tlc. Still felt great to drive though, overall very impressed.

Hi Syman,
I bought a V plate S3 with 67k which is black with the silver interior and I just love it. Before I went to see it I always thought the silver interior was not to my liking but after seeing it in ther flesh I just had to have it.

Thanks, good to hear mate, hope your enjoying your new purchase.

Now just need to find the will power to hold out for the perfect colour combination.