Anyone fitted cruise control?

Dont quote me on it but i *think* i read somewhere that the same parts from vw/audi are £80

Hmmmmm........decisions decisions.......might have to look a bit further in to this one me thinks! I suppose his charges do include fitting which has gotta be worth something in itself.....

Im sure that on top of the audi parts required to do this mod you are also required to make a seperate loom and this cannot be bought direct from audi. So dont think that is too bad a price considering it is fitted aswell.

Aaron

there are much cheaper ones on ebay at 69 EUR. but i cant paste links for some reason ?!?

if you do a search you will find them, and the german guys all reply to messages in english :thumbsup:

I had cruise fitted on mine including all genuine parts, looms, fitting and VAT for £145 at APS in Banbury

Just had this fitted to my car by this seller,
he had been a vag technician now working for himself,
very pleased with the install took him just over an hour to do,

i too looked on amd's site but after seeing their price!!
i decided to go with this option and as luck would have it he was situated on my journet to and from work,

Very happy with his service and would recomed him,
:thumbsup: from me anyway
Keith

Yes as far i have researched this is only avaiable to be fitted to Drive By Wire throttled controlled cars. Mine is a standard cable system, so it was no go for me :-(

Nice - CC for me for Christmas and as it's my birthday tomorrow - I'll get the missus to treat me!

Keith_S3 said:
Just had this fitted to my car by this seller,
he had been a vag technician now working for himself,
very pleased with the install took him just over an hour to do,

i too looked on amd's site but after seeing their price!!
i decided to go with this option and as luck would have it he was situated on my journet to and from work,

Very happy with his service and would recomed him,
:thumbsup: from me anyway
Keith

I aksed the seller a question "where he was" and got no response. Perhaps it's worth asking him again.

uhhh guys, i see that you all love this, but there are other sellers on ebay who sell the same kit minus installation at 1 3rd the price... is it such a difficult install that you're willing to pay so much for it?

He was working out of a place in wimbeldon at the moment but i think he lived in tooting,
as for the install it involved wiring a loom into the ecu!
something i would not be prepared to do myself!
and also the removal of the air bag from the steering wheel would worry me.
Keith

dultanur said:
uhhh guys, i see that you all love this, but there are other sellers on ebay who sell the same kit minus installation at 1 3rd the price... is it such a difficult install that you're willing to pay so much for it?

It's not particularly difficult to install, but you need the two looms (one is a custom job), the stalk, and VAG-COM to turn it on.

well the place i was thinking of buying from said that everything u need is included, even very detailed instructions and the wiring looms...
as far as the wiring into the ecu goes, i thşnk that shouldn't be the case, as all cars with the DBW should be ready for cruise control... i'll write it up when i do mine :D

I'd be abit concerned if I have to start messing with the ECU. Also I'd have to find someone with a VAG to switch it on. Anyone in the northwest with a VAG?

last year the boys over at UKMKIV organised a group install one hot, lazy Sunday afternoon. There were about 7 of us and it took about 2 hours with each of us helping the other, the kit (stalk and custom loom) cost about £35 and was part of a group buy.

Procedure is: disconnect battery, remove airbag, using spline driver remove steering wheel, replace old indicator stalk with new CC one. Put it all back together. The next part involves removing most of the plastic cowling under the steering wheel to get to the interior wiring looms. Then you open the bonnet, remove the plastic scuttle tray and take out the windscreen wiper motor assembly to get ot the ECU. After that its a simple case of replacing the old wiring loom that goes from the steering wheel area to the ECU. After you've done that and put the car back together you plug in VAGCOM to activate cruise.

Looks like a thing for my A3..
I just wonder about that additional loom for 1.8T models - anyone did this one ?