EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    Thomas the Tank Engine - Choo, Choo!

Status

Anyone fitted cruise control?

I saw this while aimlessly surfing t'internet on ebay, what do you guys think of this. I'm SERIOUSLY tempted!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A2-A3-CRU...ayphotohosting

Cheers
    Spuddie
    Was an Audi S3, Pre-Facelift 210 bhp, Security Tints, Standard spec, simple sweet and to the point.

Currently a Golf GT TDi 170 DSG in Pearlescent Black with every conceivable extra available - company car

From June 2011 - Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition 140 tdi (company car) with DSG gearbox, Technology Pack + AMI, Storage Pack, Open Sky Roof System, Comfort Pack, Luggage Pack and Interior Light pack. Oh and it's Monza Silver. Can't wait

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Dont quote me on it but i *think* i read somewhere that the same parts from vw/audi are £80
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

Status

Wink

Hmmmmm........decisions decisions.......might have to look a bit further in to this one me thinks! I suppose his charges do include fitting which has gotta be worth something in itself.....
    Was an Audi S3, Pre-Facelift 210 bhp, Security Tints, Standard spec, simple sweet and to the point.

Currently a Golf GT TDi 170 DSG in Pearlescent Black with every conceivable extra available - company car

From June 2011 - Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition 140 tdi (company car) with DSG gearbox, Technology Pack + AMI, Storage Pack, Open Sky Roof System, Comfort Pack, Luggage Pack and Interior Light pack. Oh and it's Monza Silver. Can't wait

DreA3Turbo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spuddie007
    I saw this while aimlessly surfing t'internet on ebay, what do you guys think of this. I'm SERIOUSLY tempted!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A2-A3-CRU...ayphotohosting

Cheers
    Spuddie
    I have a feeling that this is only applicable to drive by wire cars. If your motor happens to be throttle cable based it may be a no show. I think DBW cars started in 2000 - someone might be able to confirm?

Cheers

Dre.
    Definition of a Paradox : Your Damned if you do and your Damned if you dont......So Just DO IT!!!

A3 1.8TS | APR modchip | Forge DV | S3 Roof Spoiler | 40mm Drop | 19" B7 RS4's | S3 Black Interior | 12" JL Audio W3 | CrossFire Amp | Full C-Code | & the eyes of an Angel....

1st Gear

Status
    Im sure that on top of the audi parts required to do this mod you are also required to make a seperate loom and this cannot be bought direct from audi. So dont think that is too bad a price considering it is fitted aswell.

Aaron
    Audi S3
    210Bhp : Quattro : 19" New Style RS4 Alloys : Facelift Badges : 15mm Hubc Spacers on rear : Painted grill Surround : Aero wipers

all promises, no action :)

Status
    there are much cheaper ones on ebay at 69 EUR. but i cant paste links for some reason ?!?

if you do a search you will find them, and the german guys all reply to messages in english
    2000 Black S3 (Sold, then totalled) - 2008 A3 1.4T Sport

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    AMD can fit cruise control take a look on their site i remember seeing it on there.

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

4th Gear

Status
    I had cruise fitted on mine including all genuine parts, looms, fitting and VAT for £145 at APS in Banbury

4th Gear

Status

Cruise control

Hi, I just fitted cruise to my 2002 bora 1.8T. Its the same stalk etc as the A3 I got the parts from vagparts for 60. the 1.8t requires an extra loom which was 17, Fitted the whole think in 3-4 hours, it takes more time feeding wires etc than actully wiring. I used guides on here

http://www.golfmk4.co.uk/cruise_control.htm

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dgace/cruise_control.htm

but 140 fitted seems good...and its great to have.

hope this helps

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

Neutral

Status
    Just had this fitted to my car by this seller,
    he had been a vag technician now working for himself,
    very pleased with the install took him just over an hour to do,

i too looked on amd's site but after seeing their price!!
    i decided to go with this option and as luck would have it he was situated on my journet to and from work,

Very happy with his service and would recomed him,
    from me anyway
    Keith

Pete69zx
    Yes as far i have researched this is only avaiable to be fitted to Drive By Wire throttled controlled cars. Mine is a standard cable system, so it was no go for me :-(

3rd Gear

Status
    Seems like a really good price.

Where abouts is he based Keith ?
    2011 S3 Sportback S-tronic Black Edition - Revo stage 1
    2006 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport - For track days and sunny days.
    2003 S4 V8 Saloon Manual Milltek Cat Back - Sold

Status
    Nice - CC for me for Christmas and as it's my birthday tomorrow - I'll get the missus to treat me!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_S3
    Just had this fitted to my car by this seller,
    he had been a vag technician now working for himself,
    very pleased with the install took him just over an hour to do,

i too looked on amd's site but after seeing their price!!
    i decided to go with this option and as luck would have it he was situated on my journet to and from work,

Very happy with his service and would recomed him,
    from me anyway
    Keith
    I aksed the seller a question "where he was" and got no response. Perhaps it's worth asking him again.

Status
    uhhh guys, i see that you all love this, but there are other sellers on ebay who sell the same kit minus installation at 1 3rd the price... is it such a difficult install that you're willing to pay so much for it?

Neutral

Status
    He was working out of a place in wimbeldon at the moment but i think he lived in tooting,
    as for the install it involved wiring a loom into the ecu!
    something i would not be prepared to do myself!
    and also the removal of the air bag from the steering wheel would worry me.
    Keith

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dultanur
    uhhh guys, i see that you all love this, but there are other sellers on ebay who sell the same kit minus installation at 1 3rd the price... is it such a difficult install that you're willing to pay so much for it?
    It's not particularly difficult to install, but you need the two looms (one is a custom job), the stalk, and VAG-COM to turn it on.
    [/sarcasm]

Status
    well the place i was thinking of buying from said that everything u need is included, even very detailed instructions and the wiring looms...
    as far as the wiring into the ecu goes, i thşnk that shouldn't be the case, as all cars with the DBW should be ready for cruise control... i'll write it up when i do mine :D

1st Gear

Status
    I'd be abit concerned if I have to start messing with the ECU. Also I'd have to find someone with a VAG to switch it on. Anyone in the northwest with a VAG?
    51 reg A3 1.8 Sport, 17"TT Alloys, Centre Arm, Leon Spliter.

Stockport

17 - Pug206, 19 - Punto, 23 - A3

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s...rst_widget.pbw

Reverse Gear

Status
    last year the boys over at UKMKIV organised a group install one hot, lazy Sunday afternoon. There were about 7 of us and it took about 2 hours with each of us helping the other, the kit (stalk and custom loom) cost about 35 and was part of a group buy.

Procedure is: disconnect battery, remove airbag, using spline driver remove steering wheel, replace old indicator stalk with new CC one. Put it all back together. The next part involves removing most of the plastic cowling under the steering wheel to get to the interior wiring looms. Then you open the bonnet, remove the plastic scuttle tray and take out the windscreen wiper motor assembly to get ot the ECU. After that its a simple case of replacing the old wiring loom that goes from the steering wheel area to the ECU. After you've done that and put the car back together you plug in VAGCOM to activate cruise.

Neutral

Status
    Looks like a thing for my A3..
    I just wonder about that additional loom for 1.8T models - anyone did this one ?