EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

chrome mirror issue

Hi all,

I recently purchased a pair of (genuine!!) chrome mirrors from ebay, initially i thought i was getting a great deal paying about Ł150 for them, now i'm not so sure!
    Am i right in assuming all Audi S3 mirrors (pre facelift and face-lift) are the exact same shape and size etc? I thought I would beable to remove my colour coded mirror covers and replace them with the Chrome ones, this however is not the case! The srcew points on the original covers do not match up with that of the chrome ones. The only solution to this may be to remove the entire mirror unit and replace with the new units.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, any info would be a great help.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    pre-face lift and face-lift have different mirrors. you may be able to change the whole units over, but im sure someone will confirm that soon

Neutral

Status
    can you not buy a fitting kit for them?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah I am pretty sure that facelift mirrors are different to the older ones. There are quite a few subtle changes between the 2 models. I dont think there is any way of making them fit without removing the whole mirror assembly.

3rd Gear

Status
    If they are for a facelift model, I could be interested if they come up for sale

Good luck with your problem.

ICE

Neutral

Status
    thanks for the info, wish i had asked the question before i purchased, will have a think about removing the whole unit, if this is going to be a problem the mirrors may well be up for sale, gutted as they look great!

2nd Gear

Status
    you might be able to get base plates to suit them mate, check with GSF car parts or Audi see if you can before you plan on selling them.

if not, get em in the trading section and stick a price on em :D
    A4 B7 2.0 TDi S-Line Special Edition Gloss Red, BOSE, 18" Black RS4s, Black / Grey Leather, Sat Nav