chrome mirror issue

Gogs-S3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a pair of (genuine!!) chrome mirrors from ebay, initially i thought i was getting a great deal paying about £150 for them, now i'm not so sure!
Am i right in assuming all Audi S3 mirrors (pre facelift and face-lift) are the exact same shape and size etc? I thought I would beable to remove my colour coded mirror covers and replace them with the Chrome ones, this however is not the case! The srcew points on the original covers do not match up with that of the chrome ones. The only solution to this may be to remove the entire mirror unit and replace with the new units.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, any info would be a great help. :uhm:

Cheers

pre-face lift and face-lift have different mirrors. you may be able to change the whole units over, but im sure someone will confirm that soon

Yeah I am pretty sure that facelift mirrors are different to the older ones. There are quite a few subtle changes between the 2 models. I dont think there is any way of making them fit without removing the whole mirror assembly.:sorry:

If they are for a facelift model, I could be interested if they come up for sale :whistle2:

Good luck with your problem.

ICE

thanks for the info, wish i had asked the question before i purchased, will have a think about removing the whole unit, if this is going to be a problem the mirrors may well be up for sale, gutted as they look great!

you might be able to get base plates to suit them mate, check with GSF car parts or Audi see if you can before you plan on selling them.

if not, get em in the trading section and stick a price on em :D