URGENT! - How much should i pay?

kmpowell

Reaction score
Ive just had a call from my Audi dealer who has sourced me my EXACT spec car.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Facelift Dec2000 X reg, Mineralgrey/Black with s/r, BOSE, Changer, Symphony, Ali mirrors etc and ONLY 28k miles.

Thing is they want £17,995 for it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Is this a realistic price for a X reg or are they taking advantage of my EXACT spec requirements?

Cheers for any advice. I really want the car, but i dont want my heart to take over my head and end up paying over the odds.

What do you reckon?

Cheers

Morning

Did a search and found this beautie and these darlings.

Had a look on the Audi used cars and there is a 2000, 28K, Silver for 17995 and 2000, 33K, Blue for 16500

So for 18k it doesn't sound too bad as it is a low miler and the exact one you want, you could see if they can throw in a warranty package for you or something else and see what they say blah blah blag it my son.

Good luck and may the force be with you.

..jes I better do some frigging work

If it helps, I have just bought a Ming Blue S3, 20K on the clock on an X 2000 (Facelift model) with a few extras like acoustic parking, heated seats,bose, cd changer in immaclulate condition for £17300. This was a private sale. I went to look at a few over the weekend which were being sold by dealers (Not main dealers) and they were asking 18000 for a Y plate, 27K with not many extras and the cars were tatty. They had scrapes on the wheel arches, loads of stone chips etc. So if you have found the one you want in the condition you want, plus you have the sunroof option which I belive is a £1K upgrade, then go for it. If you are buying from a main dealer, they will also give you 1yr warranty which is nice!

Hope this helps.
Rich.

good choice, mineral grey is the coolest colour, especially with black leather. Its a very 'in' colour too, I've seen a couple of new M3 CSLs in almost the same grey. I'd really like to see this colour teamed with a red or wine coloured leather interior tho, I think that would look super.

Sounds like an ok price, given that it is the spec you want id say go for it otherwise you may have to compromise.. make sure you get a few extras thrown in to sweeten the deal...

Gotta love the Mineral colour, not seeen many S3s in that colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i've seen em around 16500, but then again u are buying from the dealer and u'll get the warranty. the choice is urs.......

Sounds good to me I bought mine from an Audi Main Dealer and it has the full spec, Sun roof, heated seats, baring the Stereo Upgrade W Reg 19,000 miles and they wanted £18500 for it got it for £17995 in the end.

Mine is not a facelift model (I dont think) and is slightly older than the one your looking at !