EM TuningVolks Autos
    Imthegod

Status

Looking at buying an exhaust

Was wondering if anyone coulod help me ive got a 2000 pre facelift S3 and was wondering which exhaust is good to go for? Ive heard good things about milltek but also heard good things about custom exhausts so if anyone could shed some light that woulod be great! Cheers guys!!

Nick Light

2. # ADS
    ADS

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    I've had both and a non biased opinion id say Miltek!

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

1st Gear

Status
    I've got a Milltek one and I'm happy with it. Cost me 490 (fitted) from Awesome GTi.

Rich

Thomas the Tank Engine - Choo, Choo!

Status
    Drop mazzy a PM - he just quoted me £379.99 for custom stainless exhaust........

Google mij performance and you can get a quote off the site?
    Was an Audi S3, Pre-Facelift 210 bhp, Security Tints, Standard spec, simple sweet and to the point.

Currently a Golf GT TDi 170 DSG in Pearlescent Black with every conceivable extra available - company car

From June 2011 - Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition 140 tdi (company car) with DSG gearbox, Technology Pack + AMI, Storage Pack, Open Sky Roof System, Comfort Pack, Luggage Pack and Interior Light pack. Oh and it's Monza Silver. Can't wait

2nd Gear

Status
    A4 B7 2.0 TDi S-Line Special Edition Gloss Red, BOSE, 18" Black RS4s, Black / Grey Leather, Sat Nav

4th Gear

Status
    milltek = very good

Aky
    Aky

Status
    I've purchased an S3- pick it up sometime over next couple of wks and thinking of Milltek. Currently have it on Golf and very please.
    Might be worth a Group Buy??

1st Gear

Status
    I think someone started to formulate a plan towards a group buy, but it came to nothing. Worth chasing up as, in my opinion, they're a really good piece of kit.

Rich

Riding on V8 power

Status
    Miltek one is very good, hats what i have and its sounds lovely. Some nice burbling sounds, and pops and bangs on occassions too! My money would be in a miltek one!
    German iz ze vay forvard!
    Made with vorspung durch tecnik

2003 Noggy S4 Avant - 344bhp of pure V8 muscle

6th Gear

Status
    i would be up for a group buy
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

Neutral

Status
    i could be in also, if the price is right.

4th Gear

Status
    www.uk-performance.com TT Tuning-parts and services 01924 360260 are doing a group buy on the tt-forum. S3 system came out at about £389.87 inc

Im sure if you just call them up and mention the tt-forum group buy they'd sort you one out

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklght
    Was wondering if anyone coulod help me ive got a 2000 pre facelift S3 and was wondering which exhaust is good to go for? Ive heard good things about milltek but also heard good things about custom exhausts so if anyone could shed some light that woulod be great! Cheers guys!!

My Exhaust:
    S3 Exhaust Clip 1

S3 Exhaust Clip 2

www.mijperformance.com - PM me if more info required matey

Also if their is good interest then i will speak to manager to sort a better price.

We are developing a downpipe with single sports cat conversion which will be available next year. This will be good for running a Stage II.

If anybody wants to come down then feel free, im around for a demo in my car.

Mazzy
    Last edited by mazzy; 4th December 2006 at 17:32.

Aky
    Aky

Status
    389 doesn't seem a bad price and the company is based locally to me which is a bonus.
    I'll put a feeler out see whether I get much interest.

Status
    Mazzy, not sure which part of the exhust is 'blowing' - would it be best to change the whole exhaust as one piece?
    Was an Audi S3, Pre-Facelift 210 bhp, Security Tints, Standard spec, simple sweet and to the point.

Currently a Golf GT TDi 170 DSG in Pearlescent Black with every conceivable extra available - company car

From June 2011 - Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition 140 tdi (company car) with DSG gearbox, Technology Pack + AMI, Storage Pack, Open Sky Roof System, Comfort Pack, Luggage Pack and Interior Light pack. Oh and it's Monza Silver. Can't wait

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spuddie007
    Mazzy, not sure which part of the exhust is 'blowing' - would it be best to change the whole exhaust as one piece?
    You can do, i'd recommend changing the whole cat-back section. That way you aint got to worry about it ever.

They build it without joins between the midsection & back so this eliminates the chance of leaks/blows. Unless ofcourse you request joins/clamps/flanges.

Need anymore info??

Is you S3 mapped??

Maz.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy
    You can do, i'd recommend changing the whole cat-back section. That way you aint got to worry about it ever.

They build it without joins between the midsection & back so this eliminates the chance of leaks/blows. Unless ofcourse you request joins/clamps/flanges.

Need anymore info??

Is you S3 mapped??

Maz.
    Hmmm, yeah was thinking I'd just change the whole lot over, saves hassle later on I suppose. Is it mapped? Well thats a long story mate, I have an ECU that has been remapped (the original that was in the car - long story!) and the ECU in the car currently is standard at 210 hp. I am thinking of putting the remapped ECU in to the car next week, as the car needs a new scuttle panel due to water leaking in to the current ECU.

This is gonna sounds really sad but I'm after that loverly TVR rumble, can you recreate that? I'm looking at taking a day off after Christmas to pop up and get the exhaust sorted, it's only just started to blow so I figure I've got a couple of hundred miles left in the exhaust - it's still the same exhaust that was fitted at manufacture in year 200 which I figure is pretty good going!?

1st Gear

Status
    Cool, in terms of sound... You wont get the TVR Rumble. lol.

Did you check my vids i posted above, note that i have a 3" downpipe, de-cat & stage II Revo.

I'd go for a similar setup in sound, we'll chat when you come up. You can listen 2 mine.

What map are you running??

Maz

Neutral

Status
    Is the standard s3 exhaust a straight swap onto a a3 1.8TQ? obviously there would need to be a modification made to the rear exhaust.
    2001 Audi A3 1.8TQ Black

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy
    Cool, in terms of sound... You wont get the TVR Rumble. lol.

Did you check my vids i posted above, note that i have a 3" downpipe, de-cat & stage II Revo.

I'd go for a similar setup in sound, we'll chat when you come up. You can listen 2 mine.

What map are you running??

Maz
    Long story - it's a custom map from someone I was recommended but ended up with the car off the road for four months......

www.slipstream-deutsch.com is the dude and I don't even know if the ECU is actually chipped hence it's not in the car!

6th Gear

Status
    That Sirus from www.slipstream-deutsch.com dicked me around as well. He ended up getting another company that he knows to do mine for £200 as a favour.
    S4.

Imthegod

Status
    Cheers for your replys guys! Exhausts are alot cheaper than i thought!

Nick Light

thinking about stuff

Status
    www.pipewerx.com I'm sure the owner of this company needs no introduction.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smitch
    That Sirus from www.slipstream-deutsch.com dicked me around as well. He ended up getting another company that he knows to do mine for 200 as a favour.
    Yep, the very same Sirus.......

He got what was coming to him though, he messed with the wrong 007!

1st Gear

Status
    Sirus VS Spuddie007

Quote Originally Posted by spuddie007
    Yep, the very same Sirus.......

He got what was coming to him though, he messed with the wrong 007!