Looking at buying an exhaust

nicklght

Imthegod
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone coulod help me ive got a 2000 pre facelift S3 and was wondering which exhaust is good to go for? Ive heard good things about milltek but also heard good things about custom exhausts so if anyone could shed some light that woulod be great! Cheers guys!!:blackrs4:

I've got a Milltek one and I'm happy with it. Cost me 490 (fitted) from Awesome GTi.

Rich

Drop mazzy a PM - he just quoted me £379.99 for custom stainless exhaust........

Google mij performance and you can get a quote off the site?

I've purchased an S3- pick it up sometime over next couple of wks and thinking of Milltek. Currently have it on Golf and very please.
Might be worth a Group Buy??

I think someone started to formulate a plan towards a group buy, but it came to nothing. Worth chasing up as, in my opinion, they're a really good piece of kit.

Rich

Miltek one is very good, hats what i have and its sounds lovely. Some nice burbling sounds, and pops and bangs on occassions too! My money would be in a miltek one!:icon_thumright:

i could be in also, if the price is right.

www.uk-performance.com TT Tuning-parts and services 01924 360260 are doing a group buy on the tt-forum. S3 system came out at about £389.87 inc

Im sure if you just call them up and mention the tt-forum group buy they'd sort you one out

nicklght said:
Was wondering if anyone coulod help me ive got a 2000 pre facelift S3 and was wondering which exhaust is good to go for? Ive heard good things about milltek but also heard good things about custom exhausts so if anyone could shed some light that woulod be great! Cheers guys!!:blackrs4:

My Exhaust:
S3 Exhaust Clip 1:music:

S3 Exhaust Clip 2 :music:

www.mijperformance.com - PM me if more info required matey:thumbsup:

Also if their is good interest then i will speak to manager to sort a better price.

We are developing a downpipe with single sports cat conversion which will be available next year. This will be good for running a Stage II.

If anybody wants to come down then feel free, im around for a demo in my car.

Mazzy

£389 doesn't seem a bad price and the company is based locally to me which is a bonus.
I'll put a feeler out see whether I get much interest.

Mazzy, not sure which part of the exhust is 'blowing' - would it be best to change the whole exhaust as one piece?

spuddie007 said:
Mazzy, not sure which part of the exhust is 'blowing' - would it be best to change the whole exhaust as one piece?

You can do, i'd recommend changing the whole cat-back section. That way you aint got to worry about it ever.

They build it without joins between the midsection & back so this eliminates the chance of leaks/blows. Unless ofcourse you request joins/clamps/flanges.

Need anymore info??

Is you S3 mapped??

Maz.

mazzy said:
You can do, i'd recommend changing the whole cat-back section. That way you aint got to worry about it ever.

They build it without joins between the midsection & back so this eliminates the chance of leaks/blows. Unless ofcourse you request joins/clamps/flanges.

Need anymore info??

Is you S3 mapped??

Maz.

Hmmm, yeah was thinking I'd just change the whole lot over, saves hassle later on I suppose. Is it mapped? Well thats a long story mate, I have an ECU that has been remapped (the original that was in the car - long story!) and the ECU in the car currently is standard at 210 hp. I am thinking of putting the remapped ECU in to the car next week, as the car needs a new scuttle panel due to water leaking in to the current ECU.

This is gonna sounds really sad but I'm after that loverly TVR rumble, can you recreate that? I'm looking at taking a day off after Christmas to pop up and get the exhaust sorted, it's only just started to blow so I figure I've got a couple of hundred miles left in the exhaust - it's still the same exhaust that was fitted at manufacture in year 200 which I figure is pretty good going!?

Cool, in terms of sound... You wont get the TVR Rumble. lol.

Did you check my vids i posted above, note that i have a 3" downpipe, de-cat & stage II Revo.

I'd go for a similar setup in sound, we'll chat when you come up. You can listen 2 mine.

What map are you running??

Maz

mazzy said:
Cool, in terms of sound... You wont get the TVR Rumble. lol.

Did you check my vids i posted above, note that i have a 3" downpipe, de-cat & stage II Revo.

I'd go for a similar setup in sound, we'll chat when you come up. You can listen 2 mine.

What map are you running??

Maz

Long story - it's a custom map from someone I was recommended but ended up with the car off the road for four months......

www.slipstream-deutsch.com is the dude and I don't even know if the ECU is actually chipped hence it's not in the car!

That Sirus from www.slipstream-deutsch.com dicked me around as well. He ended up getting another company that he knows to do mine for £200 as a favour. ;)