She got her winter clothes on now!

LaSarthe&Back

Reaction score
Well after some help from a few of the guys on Detailing World, I had a think through the process to sort her out for the Winter.

Some new products along with some I already had, plus a new waxing technique had my grinning from ear to ear. And I gotta say it looks pretty damn sweet.

I apologise for not embedding pics, but they're just so big and are robbed of the quality if I downsize them.

I did a complete job on it, dawn til dusk yesterday, and this afternoon after going out to buy more products after reversing over some!

You might not be able to see it, but it does look filthy!!
KlasseA3002.jpg

Generous rinse to take some of the worst of the dirt.
Wash with fairy to strip previous layers of wax.
Full clay bar session every square inch.
Re wash with Megs Gold Class and rinse.
Patted dry with Megs Water Magnet.
Completely polished Autoglym Super resin polish to prepare for Klasse SG.
After polishing:
KlasseA3019.jpg
Apply Klasse SG
KlasseA3014.jpg

Lunch break while it bonds to the paint.
Remove SG which took ages cos I don't think I left it long enough, but left it as long as I could.

Two coats of P21s spit shined with Megs QD (rear quater panel done, driver's door waiting).
KlasseA3020.jpg

And the finished article!
KlasseA32004.jpg

KlasseA32003.jpg

KlasseA320062.jpg

The best ever result I have achieved!! Looks sooo wet in the metal.
Comments and criticisms welcome!
Cheers all!
Andy

Good work. Nattys Blue Paste Wax would probably get you an even wetter look ;)

What's the paint like for swirling?

Looks amazing. You fancy doing mine?

Tallpaul said:
Good work. Nattys Blue Paste Wax would probably get you an even wetter look ;)

What's the paint like for swirling?

I think it's quite bad, though you can only see it in sunlight. I've got a PC coming for christmas, so I'll be able to get rid of them by the summer.

Curse me for saying this, but when I got the car (Dec 04) I used to wash with a sponge, from one bucket, and dry with a chamois, and didn't wax it. AND I was driving up and down the A14every day!! :ohmy:

For an 8 year old car, it's really not all that bad.

I'm so pleased with how it's come out, just a shame it's not summer :(

Cheers for the comments! :icon_thumright:

Wow.. Very nice!! sparkling!! bling-bling!! :cool:

A14 eh? Fancy lending me your PC if you're heading past Cambridge :jester:

Problem with my car is all the scratches and scuffs the PC won't remove. With £ heading for $2, now's a good time to get a PC. I'm also considering a Makita 9227CB just because it doesn't need the hassle of the power converter etc. Not a random orbital but that shouldn't be an issue if i'm carefull.

That is one shiny motor.

Im in cheshire if you want to pop round and give mine a going over...

:salute:

Tallpaul said:
A14 eh? Fancy lending me your PC if you're heading past Cambridge :jester:

Problem with my car is all the scratches and scuffs the PC won't remove. With £ heading for $2, now's a good time to get a PC. I'm also considering a Makita 9227CB just because it doesn't need the hassle of the power converter etc. Not a random orbital but that shouldn't be an issue if i'm carefull.

what's a PC other than a personal computer? I'm guessing some sort of waxin process

Fairy Liquid is fine to use, but it is specifically for removing the 'old' wax so that you can get to the bonded contaminants on your paint to be removed with the clay. Don't use it to regularly wash your car ;)

A PC is a Porter Cable 7424 Random Orbital Polisher, basically the daddy of car polishers and the safest/most effective way of restoring lightly swirled/hologrammed paint (with the right polishing products).

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/portercablekit.html

Yeah Fairy's good for stripping, but it's got salt in, so make sure you rinse it all completely off.

I need to go over the front and rear valance where the fairy has dried it out a little. Some Endurance Tyre gel I think . . .