A3 2.0 TDI Sport (140) questions

bazzer

Reaction score
I have a second interview for a new job next week. If all goes well I’ve more or less decided on the A3 2.0 TDI Sport (140).

Couple of questions though:

1. DSG option – is this worth the extra money?
2. Audi brochure shows 2.0 TDI quattro – when will this model be available in the UK?
3. TDI (150) – is this likely to happen? (as per new Golf)

Many thanks in advance

Barry

Morning Barry,

Can't help with the first one I'm afraid, never tried DSG, will be tempted to have a go when the dealer has got a new A3 3.2 DSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for questions 2 and 3 they may well be interlinked. I think a higher output version of the 2.0 TDI will be launched with quattro as standard, probably much more powerful than 150bhp though.

Its probably worth you looking back through the last few pages as the ownership of the 2.0TDI has been discussed quite alot recently.

Kev.

The DSG option is worth it if you want an Automatic/Paddle type shift, it is very good (far better than single clutch solutions).

The quattro version is not available in the UK yet and may not be in 140 TDI form. I believe that the 2.5TDI engine will fit the new A3 so the UK may only get that version if it becomes available.

The new Golf will also get the 2.0TDI (140) no 150 version will be available.

The 2.0 TDI is detuned to meet strict EURO 4 emissions, most aftermarket tuners seem to be getting approx 180 BHP with 300 lb/ft torque, don't know what the impact on fuel consumption is.