A3 owners...

pablo

Reaction score
Could any A3 owners let me know how the seats are for access to the rear seats? The seats in my S3 are awful really heavy and awkward to tilt/slide just wondering if the A3 ones were any better.

cheers

Oh they are a dream for access to the rear seats.... absolutly perfect... very easy to tilt and slide.... and Ill be more than happy to let you have mine for your recaros :) :)

Not sure if selling the recaros would be an option - resale would plummit :(

are the std seats really ok?

Seats are still failry heavy although the fact they are cloth not leather and don't have all the electrics does make them lighter than the S3's.

The real problem is the 3 door 8L has chuff all room in the back, so access is never going to be 'easy'. But, then again loads of people live with it. One of the guys i work with has young 2 kids and a 3 door 1.6 A3 and he copes. I'm sure he'd cope a whole lot better if it was an S3 ;)

I find the A3 seats really easy to get in and out of the back compared to S3 seats,
but i have had a baby seat in the back of mine a few times (dont ask:unsure:) and the passenger seat had to be forward quite far.

You're kidding aren't you? The 8L S3 seats are the most comfortable in the business. You buy an S3 for you - the driver. Get your passengers to walk.

I find my a3 seats lighter than the s3 ones, but in saying that any s3 that i've been in the seats havent been a chore to move to get in the back, just a little heavier than mine

mine are leather, love them, comfy, and when i go to access the rear they slide back and then do a lift and tilt thing which gives you very good access to the rear

Same here most comfortable seats. Leather would be nice but you can't have everything. Regards the back seats, yeah they are small but who cares as long as I'm comfortable. I owned a 206 and they were the worst seats I've every had.

I think the seats in my car are rubbish. Unsupportive uncomfortable rubbish. I think I'm too slim for them.

A friend had a post-facelift TDI, and that had much better seats.

original A3 seats were so easy. One finger and i could lift lever and push.

S3 recaro's are soooo heavy. I can't do it with one hand. Need one hand on lever and other to push it.

Only a small inconvenience imo!

It's cos you're missing a couple of doors......:whistle2:

After having to get in and out of the back of a friend of mine's new Astra Sportback and suffering to the point of anger at the utterly ludicrous rear seat access and god-awful folding front seat mechanism I can say that the A3 is a dream.

my 1/2 leather facelift tdi seats are spot on (light and comfy) and provide good access to the back. The only annoying thing is if my cup holder is out and passengers pull the seat forward it knocks the ch for 6!!!