Painted sills

rodenal

Reaction score
Has any1 painted their sills inderneath the black rubber strips on an A3?

Just wondering what it would look like as the car has S3 front and rear bumpers going on and i think the sides will look a little high, but i dont really like any of the Skirts that seem to be kicking about at the minute

I had mine done..including the rubber strips...The plastic will require hardening before you get them sprayed if you dont want them to crack - its flexible.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=30040

The lower sill itself is pretty straight forward - alternatively, it might be worth getting involved in some simple skirts?

rodenal said:

Just wondering what it would look like as the car has S3 front and rear bumpers going on and i think the sides will look a little high, but i dont really like any of the Skirts that seem to be kicking about at the minute

rodenal said:

If I were you Id paint the black rubber as well. It needs to be plasticised (??) 1st though and then you just be carefull you dont scrape the bottoms (as I did yesterday :banghead: )

Or maybe get the Zender sideskirts? You will still need to paint the rubber though...

za38lskirt264_4455013_011_audi-a3.jpg

Dre sills and rubber's look nice as do wheels is that Norwich Rd BP petrol station???

HOUCH said:
Dre sills and rubber's look nice as do wheels is that Norwich Rd BP petrol station???

Cheers Houch!

Well spotted - I was in Ipswich that day picking up my car - it had just had the bottom end done! Had a peruse through your pics - have been considering getting the S3 front & rear bumpers for mine - just cant seem to find any aftermarket bumpers that are subtle enough.

Where did you get yours?