Smoooooooth looker

KEF A3 20V T

Turbo's Rule
Reaction score
I am planning my winter upgrades, mainly body work due to the car not going to be allowed out onto the salty roads. i want to go smooth with the front n rear bumpers, take the rubstrip off, n get some nice smooth S3 sideskirts. Dunno if Markb still comes on here but was wondering if any1 knew how he got rid of the numberplate recess on the front bumper????

also any1 have any good ways of blending plastic to fibreglass? i wanna smooth the bottom part of my aftermarket bumper to the standard plastic top half of the bumper but i wanna make sure it wont crack!!

any comments welcome!

Sounds like some good plans m8.

Sorry, no advice for any of the above.

Good luck with the winter transformation!

lol its gonna be a challenge. but nothing alot of sandpaper and filler cannot sort i think!

was finking bout adding a metal plate where the numberplate recess is and getting a sticker numberplate on a pieco of magnetic sheet stuff see how that goes

cheers for the moral support!

erm in answer to your question regarding bending plastic, heat it up using a hot air gun, depends on what type of plastic u use u might be able to do this.

if ur plannin on stickin it on, u can get certain types of adhesive (like araldite) for plastic that will fuse fibreglass and plastic together, ill try and find out what its called.

KEF A3 20V T said:
I am planning my winter upgrades, mainly body work due to the car not going to be allowed out onto the salty roads. i want to go smooth with the front n rear bumpers, take the rubstrip off, n get some nice smooth S3 sideskirts. Dunno if Markb still comes on here but was wondering if any1 knew how he got rid of the numberplate recess on the front bumper????

also any1 have any good ways of blending plastic to fibreglass? i wanna smooth the bottom part of my aftermarket bumper to the standard plastic top half of the bumper but i wanna make sure it wont crack!!

any comments welcome!

Plastic to fibreglass would be a right *******, two totally different materials. The difficulty is getting something that is going to bond to the plastic but be easy to work and paintable. The main problem is that plastic tears and is a right c*nt to repair, that's why most bodykits are made out of fibreglass even though plastic ones are cheaper/easier to produce.

Good luck.....