Anyone know what bumper kit this is?

wraith81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was looking through some Audi A3 body kit sites, and I came across an image of an Audi S3 with a bumper that replicated the bumper of the new Audi A3's 8P. I thought it looked cool, and being a new Audi A3 (non turbo) owner, was wondering if anyone knew which bumper I was talking about and if it would fit on my normal A3, unfortunately the site was in German.

Sorry, but I forgot to bookmark the site, and being new to this forum, it wont let me post pics until I sibmit two posts. I'll try to post some pics when that happens.

Any thoughts would be appreciated..plus any pics! hehe

I've seen one of those bumpers before, only on ebay tho, are you sure you want to do that to your car?

It'll look weird from the side, and just plain awful next to an actual 8P or any 8L S3

Thanks for the replies guys, its was a front on view of the car I saw in the pic, and if you guys say it looks whack from the side, then I'm with you...LOL

dont let them decide for you. Most Audi owners are against any kind of bodywork modification but you do whatever tickles your cherry.

I managed to find a pic of it (couple of hours of image browsing, lol), and luckily its in black like my Audi. So, what do you guys think?

I don't think it's that bad but there is something about it that's just not right.
Although each to their own mate so if you like it, go for it!

I just dont think it'll look right from any other angle at all, think about how your car looks from the side just now and how it would look with that goatee stuck on.

Mind u if u like it, go for it.....i suppose :Flush: :Flush: :Flush:

On a bit of a thread hijack, has any1 painted the sills on their A3 under the black rubber strips? wondering what it would look like as i dont much like any of the skirts i see about.

OK; probably the most trustable 8P replica bumper for 8L A3 would be the Rieger one (and by trustable, I mean relatively well constructed, fairly priced, and readily available, and maybe even with some aftersales)...

You can visit http://www.rieger-tuning.de/ and hit the web shop link (bottom left - big button) and use the drop-downs on the top left of the page that opens to see the variations they do. It is all in German but it's navigable - I don't think their main UK importer is listing them yet (http://www.tuning.co.uk/rieger) - but I guess they'd be able to order in for you...

I don't know whether it's my cup of tea or not, but I have to admit I did consider it when I last swapped bumpers - just not being able to see it from all the angles gave me cold feet though. I'll go out on a limb and say in the pic you posted it looks pretty well done, but of course as others have said, unless either a) you can get LOTS more piccies from other angles, or b) have a walk around one with such a bumper fitted; it's maybe a bit of a lottery...

Anyway, have a look at Rieger's site - I know there are a good few firms doing these now, so if I find any more (reputable ones) I'll drop you some links...

Regards,

Rob.

Thanks Rob,

If anyone can get some more pics from other angles, would be most appreciated, and thanks to everyone who responded with their thoughts and views. If anyone has actually had this style of bumper put on (especially on a standard A3), please let us know as it would be super to hear about what your first impressions were.

in the photos it looks good but, the one i saw not very nice at all

ive had a few dealings with rieger in the past and have to say i kinda like that kit! you can even get it if you have washer jets and then you choose if you want the 3 holes below the lower grille..

Another pic, not sure about the black alloys, but looks kinda cool. Still looking for a side on view though, to get that 'goatee' perspective, lol.

1471.jpg

d00056650-2_180.jpg

the rieger bumper..

Did my ebay link not work? it was like the 4th post in this thread..

Found this pic on the net, gotta say, dosen't look all that shabby...if anyone has any idea where I can get the exact kit as pictured on the black Audi (look a few posts back) and what the name of it is, as it doesn't look like a rieger, would be much obliged, as I've searched the web for it for ages but no luck.

Thanks.