Sad day approaching!

TIRO

Reaction score
Website
www.tim-rose.co.uk
Right the time has come to upgrade the car, the S3 is too small and the family insists on a bigger car.

I am thinking of going for a 4x4 disco, I love the car for its size and its off road ability. Plus it would be good for those skiing holidays in France.

I don't think I can be bothered with the hassle of selling privately so PX might be the way. Unless someone wants to tempt me?

My S3 is three years young now with 74k on the clock on a MY2000 X plate. She still looks good and is ming blue with loads of options (I don't think that would make much difference though) right if i am to PX the car how much should I let it go for?

I am a sentimental person and I don't want to have my pants pulled down in the process.

Thanks for the help
Tim

If you are going to do cross channel trips on the ferry or chunnel with a dicovery you will get charged more than a normal car due to its length and height. Might be worth considering.

Don't buy a discovery before driving one first. They are very slow, very heavy and overtaking becomes an uncalculated gamble on A+B roads.

What about an XC90, Allroad or even a 25.TDI Q A6 estate?
Discoverys are not bad cars as such, but the contrast from your s3 may just be too much to bear!

Tim

Give me a IM with how much you want for the S3, i am defo interested if the price is right (even if it doesn't have a sunroof!). Let me know the full spec and options etc....

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dude seriously ....the disco is made from the parts bin at rover...look at the door handles...they are off a morris marina...i kid you not!.....good luck in whatever you buy dude!

Sack the disco mate!
Are you goin to use it off road anyway.
There is plenty of more fish in the sea.

Sorry peeps who were interested in buying, I have decided to live with the shortage of space. The other half wants the car when she passes her test and I will have to regret (not) buying a S4 avant or something similar for the long hauls.

Sorry to tease

Tim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
PS The other half has also said I should get the snip just to make sure we don't have another little one. So we can afford another car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif