Help - New Side Repeaters came today!

Herby1

VAG All the way
Reaction score
morning peeps.

my new side repeaters came today, (clear) but i am not to sure on how to fit them. on my previous car i scratched a bit of my car gfetting them out so i have learnt my lesson from that.

has anybody chabged there side repeaters? if so how can i do it carefully and easily?

thanks in advance

regards

chris

the little side repeaters on the wings yeah? is there enough room to just slide them towards the rear of the car and then hook them out? dont i need to get anything in the to wedge them out???

No, dont use anything to pry them out. You risk damaging the paintwork and/or breaking the tab off the indicator casing.
Like he said just push towards either the back or the front (i cant remember) and it will come out.

excellent thanks for your help peeps! :)

t believe this has hapened to me!!! changed the first one perfectly, second popped out perfectly, then took the bulb out of its casing. left it hanging so i could get the new clear indicator when to put it in and the bulb and lead has fallen back behind the wing....HELP what do i do???

HOW DO I GET BACK?

Any help much apreciated!

Also do it when its warm (its winter!!!!)or warm up the plastic clip before you put it in as its very brittle. Stuck the hairdryer on the other one before I put it back in and it went in easier.

iv already done it mate, came out like a dream?? just lost the drivers side one down the back of the wing!! coathanger time i think!!!!!!! :)

if you cant get it out you will probably have to remove or at least loosen the inner wheel arch.

i wouldnt have thought it would be that bad, its only plastic so there will be a few screws dotted about.

no the plastic outer casing is in my hand ...the wire has fallen behind mate!!!! lol

I lost the light unit in the wing a week ago and I managed to get it out with a wire coat hanger. Took me about 10 minutes of wiggling it about

Funny how the 2 minute jobs turn out to be a fecking nightmare!!!

your doing it the wrong way,

under the tyre theres a few screws, lift black the plastic bit, and you can get your hands up to the light, you then click it with your fingers and take it outwith your other hand.

thats what i did on my old A3