SCRAPING FORNT BUMPER

ak_quattro454

Reaction score
Brought an a3T quattro with an s3 kit on it. HAving problems at workplace car park. Its full of ramps going up and down the floors, it started to taking its toll on my front bumper

Scraping everytime im coming down
im sure loads of people have had similar problems

Any suggestions on what to do, ive thought about getting an small splitter of some kind that will just protect the bumper.
Cuz i could jus ended cracking my bumper if this continues

I take it that it's lowered for it to scrap all over the place, suppose you could try pumping up the tyres up frond a run a few psi lower in the rears to raise the frond a few mm's

Agree, it must be lowered, as normal height do not ground that often (unless driven too fast over speed humps).

You sure it's the bumper and not some loose plastic housing underneath the car?

i have the same problem, its a bitch i know, beauty of having a lowered car with an s3 kit on im afraid.

but, in saying that, if your car has been lowered, theres a chance its on adjustables, take it to a mechanic friend (if you have one), garage or yourself (if your good enough) and take a look see if your on adjustables, if you are, just raise it up 10-15mm, might not look as low but should cure the scraping!

Mine scrapes on the work car park unless I drive really slowly (standard A3 front bumper, hardly lowered at all). It's the combination of steep ramps and long overhangs on the A3.

Don't know about the S3 bumper, but the A3 bumper has a couple of lumps which stick out further than the bumper proper so it's these that hit first and the main bumper doesn't seem to be damaged.

I scape my bumper so much, i often forget how low it is and just bump up curbs, only to hear that scraping sound and my stomach turning over. You could always try taking the bumps at 45 degree angles, this will help a little.