A3 Flasher Unit

Tooks

Reaction score
Hi, does anybody know if there is another flasher unit in a 2002 A3 other than the one behind the Hazard switch?

The reason I ask is that I want to fit LED indicator bulbs and there is a relay available that means you don't have to fit load resistors at each bulb. But, this relay is a traditional square one with 3 blades on the base.

The one behind the Hazard switch is a bespoke rectangular unit.

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

as far as I know, the one located behind the hazard switch is it

so how easy will this mod of yours be??

yep, that unit behind the hazard swich actually contains two relays, one for the indicators, and one for the hazzard lights.

Ah right, I feared as much! :(

Well, I wouldn't really class LED indicators as much of a mod, but I do like the way they 'blink' on and off compared to a standard bulb - but then I'm sad like that!

VAGMAN1, it won't be as easy as just changing the bulbs and sticking the different relay in now, but I've got four little load resistors to wire in on the feeds to the indicator bulb holders, so I just need to confirm the wiring colours before I make any connections.

I just needed to check that the relay approach definately wouldn't work before I spent a couple of hours fiddling with resistors!

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.